Fox Chapel show in May ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fox Chapel show in May ???

Is Fox Chapel holding a show in May of this year? Some folks in the Village forum were talking about it.
    Tony

My Son-in-law said "Darnit, I cut this board twice, now. And it's still too short."

Tony, I just checked Facebook and the Fox Chapel page, and found the following, to take place on May 1 and 2.

Fox Chapel Publishing will host two "housewarming" days, during which you can tour our historic office building in beautiful Lancaster County, PA! Join us for a wood carving and scroll saw demos, browse thousands of "scratch & dent" discounted books, and meet the team that publishes Woodcarving Illustrated Magazine and Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Magazine.

As far as I know, there isn't anything else planned, such as classes or vendors, but you'd need to make a direct inquiry to verify the specifics of the event.
    Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks, I sent them a direct email about it. Maybe they'll respond to this post or post something new.
      Tony

My Son-in-law said "Darnit, I cut this board twice, now. And it's still too short."

Comment

Hi,

My name is Kelly and I am the editorial assistant for Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts. We hope to have a a Fox Chapel event in the future, but no events are planned as of yet.

Have a nice day,

Comment

That would be nice! The last three were amazing.. I also realize how much work they were for the staff and all of the volunteers.
          Rolf
          RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
          Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
          Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
          And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

And lots of fun! Really enjoyed the dinners.
            Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

I wish I could make it. I will be out of the country.
              -Bill

My saw is a DeWalt788 Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut

Comment

Originally posted by wwalker47 View Post
                I wish I could make it. I will be out of the country.
                Bill this is an old thread. There has not been a gathering in many years.
                Scott
                Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

I think the last one was in 2016. They may have had an Open House at their new Office location since then.
                  Rolf

Comment

Yup, 2016 was the last one. There was an attempt to do a simpler version, without classes, after the move, but I think COVID put paid to that.
                    Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

You’re right Carole. I think Mindy and Bob were the glue that held this site together with magazine. Sure has changed from when I first joined it. And now, not for the better. Just my opinion.
                      Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

We have an influx of new members joining recently. In all fairness to this site when I first joined there really was no Facebook and all of the other multiple sites. The site was really hurt when they switched to a new provider for it and the Carving site forcing the members to go elsewhere.
                        Rolf

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Jim McDonald
                          Reply to Hello from Central Florida
                          by Jim McDonald
                          Used a 788 for many years. It now resides with a crafty family friend.
                          Questions are answered freely around here and no one has any tricks they don't freely share.
                          Yesterday, 09:08 PM
                        • mtwoodguy
                          Reply to Hello from Central Florida
                          by mtwoodguy
                          Welcome! John! From Reno NV. A long time 788 user (I'm94) I'm sure you will get many happy hours from the repairs you placed on the machine.
                          Yesterday, 06:45 PM
                        • John Smith
                          Hello from Central Florida
                          by John Smith
                          I'm 74, retired from the commercial dimensional advertising world. (carved and routed signs).
                          I've always used the Roto-Zip, band saw, or other tools to make my projects. (wishing many times I had a good scroll saw). Well, I finally found an old DW-788 that the original owner said "it finally...
                          Yesterday, 05:51 PM
                        • Linda In Phoenix
                          Reply to What's a good stain product?
                          by Linda In Phoenix
                          I use acrylic paint mixed with water to stain when I want vibrant colors. There was an article in one of the issues awhile back where a product called "Unicorn Spit" was suggested for the colors---and many people swear by it....
                          Yesterday, 10:24 AM
                        • Linda In Phoenix
                          Reply to Phone call from son.
                          by Linda In Phoenix
                          Oh my gosh Betty....Your son is fortunate to be alive. How badly stung was he by the hornets? Electrical shock is crazy dangerous. Wow.
                          Yesterday, 10:21 AM
                        Working...
                        X