Wood Show

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wood Show

Was wondering if Fox Chapel had any plans for a 2020 show ?

Bob

Bob,

The following message was Bob Duncan's response back in 2016. I have not heard of any changes since then.

Although we have very much enjoyed hosting our Open House and Woodworking Show for the past three years, we have decided to cancel the show. Our guests, artists, and vendors loved the event, but it is expensive and time consuming to host a show of that quality and, unfortunately, we aren't attracting enough guests to justify continuing it. However, we are already brainstorming fresh ways that we can promote woodworking to new people, participate in the carving and scrolling communities, and support our hobbyists' enjoyment of their favorite pastimes. If there is a new way we can enrich your woodworking experience, please let us know!
    cwmagee
    aka Fibber
    Producer of fancy firewood​

Comment

Unfortunately, nothing planned yet.
      www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Went to the first one and thought it was a great experience. Hope they manage to get something going again.

"Time to give back."
        "Time to Give Back"

Comment

I made all three. Enjoyed everyone. I do hope time, staff and finances allow for another one soon.
          Scott
          Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Don in Brooklin On
            Reply to wipe on poly and tack cloth
            by Don in Brooklin On
            I use wipe on poly quite often and I apply 2 thin coats before sanding with 220 or 320. I wipe with a lint free. Someone told me not to use tack cloth as you can leave behind a wee bit of beeswax witch could cause issues later on.

I make sure that the surface is dry and not tacky before...
            Yesterday, 05:41 AM
          • dwssr2
            wipe on poly and tack cloth
            by dwssr2
            Question, when sanding polyurethane in between coats, using a tack cloth, is it ok to wipe on poly while the project seems tacky or should a person wait a few hours to let it dry?
            How necessary is it to sand between coats of polyurethane? I am sure people have a lot of different opinions and...
            04-24-2019, 05:58 PM
          • tgiro01
            Reply to Do you know what this Is?
            by tgiro01
            Betty asked: "Where does the responsibility of the maker of an item end and the responsibility of the purchaser begin? My sealife puzzle is purchased by older people due to its complexity but - if they leave it laying around and a child gets a part and chokes, is that my responsibility or theirs?"...
            04-24-2019, 12:20 PM
          • RJweb
            by RJweb
            The problem now a days everyone is sue happy, no matter who’s at fault, RJ...
            04-24-2019, 10:03 AM
          • will8989
            by will8989
            Don’t forget to carry insurance if you sell a lot. It’s a necessary expense and a good "silent" partner and hope it stays that way. Where does the responsibility of the maker of an item end and the responsibility of the purchaser begin? My sealife puzzle is purchased by older people due...
            04-24-2019, 08:44 AM
          Working...
          X