Clear All

• edward
    replied
    Bring back the show to Lancaster Pa. fun place to go. edward

Leave a comment:

• NC Scroller
    replied
    Originally posted by crag79 View Post
    Sorry for that. I thought i pasted it, but http://www.thewoodworkingshows.com/detroit.html. I think I saw a post in one of the other sections also.
    I have attended this show before. Through my club I even did scroll saw demos when the show was last in Charlotte, NC back in 2011. This show is a lot about selling stuff and less about instructions. I was the only scroll saw activity the entire weekend.

Leave a comment:

• crag79
    replied
    Sorry for that. I thought i pasted it, but http://www.thewoodworkingshows.com/detroit.html. I think I saw a post in one of the other sections also.

Leave a comment:

• Mindy
    replied
    Originally posted by crag79 View Post
    I know this thread is about 3 months old, but I found this online coming to Detroit. Anyway that you might be able to get into these types of shows in the future?
    Sorry, I don't see a link. What did you find?

-Mindy

Leave a comment:

• Rolf
    replied
    Amen POP. We need to continue growing the hobby beyond us geriatrics.

Leave a comment:

• crag79
    replied
    I know this thread is about 3 months old, but I found this online coming to Detroit. Anyway that you might be able to get into these types of shows in the future?

Leave a comment:

• Pop
    replied
    Bob.. How about a venue like one of the big local fairs? I know York Fair has a big attendance and the folks who go through the buildings with the judged projects like wood working, art, quilting, etc. are pretty large. Every year you see more and more scroll work it seems. There's always space for a demo setup by a couple different scrollers over the 9 days at York Fair. Just a thought. We really need to keep our craft going and show the gratification received by doing something by hand.

Leave a comment:

• NC Scroller
    replied
    Cool stuff.

Sadly it won't replace our Thursday night dinner.

Leave a comment:

• will8989
    replied
    I never knew these videos existed!!! Welcome back Shawn. You were missed.

Leave a comment:

• Scrolling Days
    replied
    LOL. Shows what I know. My wife always tells me that she could paint the whole house a different color, and I'd never notice it.

Leave a comment:

• BobD
    replied
    Sorry, here's a link to the playlists, which break the videos down by magazine.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/FoxChapelVideos/playlists

Leave a comment:

• KarlB
    replied
    All I see is photo stuff, no scroll saw or carving
    Click on the videos tab and it will expand the available videos. A number of them appear to be on carving.

Karl

Leave a comment:

• RJweb
    replied
    All I see is photo stuff, no scroll saw or carving

Leave a comment:

• BobD
    replied
    Here's our Fox Chapel Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqQ...rcDNIeuOAW5hLA

Leave a comment:

• Rolf
    replied
    Hi Shawn, good to have you back! What a great idea on the videos.

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
    Reply to My lucky day!
    by Linda In Phoenix
    Arizona opened up vaccines to 55 and over this past week. Appointments at the county mass vaccine sites filled up within a few hours. Today I got online to my grandson's pediatrician's office, as I heard they were doing them to help the community. It took 5 minutes to snag an appointment for tomorrow...
    Yesterday, 11:49 PM
  • Linda In Phoenix
    Reply to Eagle
    by Linda In Phoenix
    That's one pretty piece of wood and a very nice cutting. The story that goes with it and your father's love for wood make it even more special. May all that wood make you feel close to him always. Hold on to those memories of him to carry you through the Alzheimers, and for many years after. The...
    Yesterday, 11:45 PM
  • rhw80
    Reply to website to generate portraits from photos
    by rhw80
    This one? https://online.rapidresizer.com/phot...to-pattern.php
    Yesterday, 08:41 PM
  • martzy
    Eagle
    by martzy
    My father was diagnosed with Alzheimer's this last summer. We had to move him into a nursing home because he couldn't take care of himself anymore. He used to run a successful wood shop. He made shooting benches, picnic tables, porch swings, among other things. My cousin bought his property so we...
    Yesterday, 05:43 PM
  • jim_mex
    Reply to Darkening oak
    by jim_mex
    Hi Jim - a long while back I did a series of ebonizing tests using the steel wool and vinegar method on a variety of woods. On white oak the color turns out to be a light grey. On red oak its a much darker grey black. To get the best out of ebonizing i.e. the blackest coloration the wood needs t o be...
    Yesterday, 04:50 PM
Working...
X