This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psst: Classes

(I'm not done yet, but here's your first look.)
    Here’s your first look at the classes we have planned for Open House 2016. Please check back often—we’ll be adding details and classes as we finalize the schedule. Notes: If a materials…
    "Take something you love, tell people about it, bring together people who share your love, and help make it better. Ultimately, you'll have more of whatever you love for yourself and for the world." - Julius Schwartz, DC Comics pioneer, 1915-2004

WOW! Wish I were traveling there. Classes sound very exciting.
    ♥♥ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♥♥

Comment

I'm sorry I can only be there one day. Will you have a schedule beforehand?
      Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Are we allowed to record parts of the classes for reference purposes?
        Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

WOW with so many great classes and topics you need to make this a 3 day event.
          Scott
          Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Some really great classes. I went last year and enjoyed it. Sadly, like many others, it is a long way to go and the cost of going is just too much for me. Traveling 1000 miles one way and a number of nights in a hotel plus meals adds up to $600-1000 to make the trip. I just can not do that but once in a number of years. I am certain that is the case for quite a few people.

It would be nice for Fox to do something to share these classes with others who do not live close or can not afford the trip. Maybe, they could think of making YouTube video of some classes in the future. Or use some classes as a basis for magazine articles. At least give it some consideration. I would even pay for a Video or DVD of some of the classes.

Comment

Originally posted by will8989 View Post
              I'm sorry I can only be there one day. Will you have a schedule beforehand?
              We might. I will only release it if I know it's final, and I'm not done scheduling classes and finagling tents.

Mindy
              "Take something you love, tell people about it, bring together people who share your love, and help make it better. Ultimately, you'll have more of whatever you love for yourself and for the world." - Julius Schwartz, DC Comics pioneer, 1915-2004

Comment

Originally posted by will8989 View Post
                Are we allowed to record parts of the classes for reference purposes?

I'm sorry, but no. Although it seems reasonable to record it for your own reference, someone else might post recordings. If you can stay home and watch for free, there's no reason to attend--and in a year or two, we can't afford to do the event because no one has to buy a ticket, and our teachers will have a hard time booking classes because they're available for free online. You can take notes and still photos, but no video.

Also, we are not videotaping the event to stream live or sell DVDs. Honestly, if we had to pay to rent all of the equipment and hire videographers, you wouldn't be able to afford a show ticket or to buy the DVDs--prices would have to be astronomical to cover the cost. That stuff and those people are expensive, and we just don't have a wide enough audience to afford it.

So for now, no video--you have to come out and play with us in person!

Mindy

Comment

Tried to sign up for the newsletter but keep getting "an error occurred"

Comment

I checked with Shane on the newsletter. He tested it, and found that if you don't enter the CAPTCHA, you get that error.

www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

What a great looking bunch of classes. I hope that I don't have a conflict with Janette and a couple of the Carving and burning classes
                      Rolf
                      RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                      Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                      Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                      And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Thanks Mindy. Looks to be a great open house.
                        Betty

Comment

Mindy,

Thanks for the info. Got my tickets ordered.
                          cwmagee
                          aka Fibber
                          Producer of fancy firewood​

Comment

Originally posted by BobD View Post
                            I checked with Shane on the newsletter. He tested it, and found that if you don't enter the CAPTCHA, you get that error.
                            I did enter the captcha twice and the error both times.

Comment

What browser and operating system are you using? If you want to PM me your e-mail address, I'll ask Shane to add it right to the mailing list, but we'd like to see if we can replicate the error to fix it for other people.
                              www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X