Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• garryatpa
    replied
    Thank you for at the welcome notes. I have been looking at some photos that I have and will try to upload them later this week. I have also been working on redoing a homemade vacuum system I made years ago to take the dust off the top to see the cutting line when I'm sawing so I may be be able to update you on that project also.

Leave a comment:

• Linda In Phoenix
    replied
    Hello from Phoenix Arizona! This is a great group of people for you to interact with. Can't wait to see some of your scroll work.

Leave a comment:

• mtwoodguy
    replied
    Welcome from Reno Nevada. Thank you for sharing some of your expierences, just don't share temps. Just let us know how you survive them.
    Floyd

Leave a comment:

• cwmagee
    replied
    -37 deg........ unheated shop...... sounds like the next project is a wood stove to burn your wood scraps!

Welcome aboard!

Leave a comment:

• Sandy Oaks
    replied
    Welcome to the forum from Tennessee. As said, we like pictures.

Leave a comment:

• Rolf
    replied
    Welcome to the group. -37 C is a bit colder than I like it. I am looking forward to pictures of some of your creations.
    The melting plastics thing has piqued my interest.

Leave a comment:

• NC Scroller
    replied
    Welcome from snowy North Carolina. Down here a 1/2" of snow is a blizzard.

Leave a comment:

• will8989
    replied
    Welcome. Here in Maryland it is 1F. I did a little quilting and put my material between 2 pieces of 1/16” plywood and cut it. I’ve “only” had my Hegner since 2002. Pictures. We like pictures.

Leave a comment:

• Hobie1dog
    replied
    welcome to the forum

Leave a comment:

• Rodney Brown
    replied
    Welcome from SE North Carolina. Sounds like you have a lot of experience under your belt. I'm actually new to scrolling (just less than a year) but have created some nice pieces if I say so myself. Temps here are much warmer than what you are experiencing but still too cold for me to get out into my unheated shop.

Looking forward to seeing some of your work. We love pictures here so please post and let us know how you created your art. (Pattern author, wood type, blades used, etc.)

Leave a comment:

• garryatpa
    started a topic New member from Saskatchewan

New member from Saskatchewan

Hi everyone. I am new to this forum stuff so as a result I have lost all my notes a couple of times now because of interruptions and time limits. I hope I can learn from you folks. and be able to pass on what I have learned over the last 35 years or so of using a scroll saw. Scroll sawing is unlimited in what you can do and the materials that can be used. I started out with a Craftsman Moto saw; then a 15 inch delta single speed, and then took the plunge and bought a 22 inch Hegner in about 1993. The Hegner is still my main saw and since then I have a dewalt 788 and recently got another used 1996 22 inch Hegner. I am hoping that one day the grandkids will decide they want to do some sawing too. I have sawn woods, cloth , paper, antler, plastics, and other materials. I even ran into a chef years ago that used a scroll saw to cut a cake for a special purpose. The latest I have read/seen on using a scroll saw was someone in B.C. that melts plastic bags, etc. and presses them into flat sheets then saws shilouettes to use in murals etc. (Plastic Essence Collaborative). Many of you will be glad you are not here today as it was -37C in Saskatchewan , not the coldest as it was -40C first week of January. Looking forward to learning from you and passing on what I can that I have learned over the last 35 years of sawing.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X