Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southeast NC

Hello all,

I'm relatively new at scrolling and have been a member of this forum for a short time but didn't introduce myself. I live in SE NC, am retired from law enforcement and now am working another job. I live in a very rural location and enjoy my animals. You'll notice that most of my work will be of animals. I also notice that many of you are members of another forum so you probably have heard most of this before.

I took up scrolling after doing a lot of reading and seeing completed projects from others. I starting out doing carving and it just wasn't as pleasing as I hoped. I purchased an inexpensive scroll saw and haven't looked back. To me it is extremely relaxing and my only regret is that I don't have more time to scroll. I'm already looking at upgrading my saw because I've realized the value of being able to lift the arm when feeding the blade through your work.

Anyway, I look forward to learning from your experience that you share on the forum. If there is anything I can do to assist in any way, please let me know.

Rodney

Welcome aboard lot’s of nice folks here and don’t be scare about asking for help, there will be somebody that will be pleased to answer.

Comment

Big old Hoosier welcome from the land of corn and soybeans.
      Look around, ask questions and don't forget to post photos of your work.
      We live for pictures around here.
      Jim
      When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
      Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

Welcome to the forum from Tennessee.
        Denny
        ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Welcome to the forum! Scrolling is a great hobby it is amazing what can be accomplished with such a simple tool.
          We all look forward to seeing some pictures of your projects.

My stepson lives in Greenville, Nc
          Rolf
          RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
          Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
          Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
          And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Welcome to our family. As you can see by my screen name I also live in North Carolina. I in Littleton up along the NC/VA border about half way between I-85 and I-95. You should now that there is a scroll saw club that meets at 1:00 on the 1st Sunday of each month at the Klingspor Store in Cary, NC. There is also another organization called NCwoodworker that has a website and there are a number of scroller in that group.
            Scott
            Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

NC Scroller,

Thanks for the info. I live outside a little town called Roseboro, about 35 miles east of Fayetteville. I will definitely look into the clubs. Unfortunately my Sundays are currently taken with me caring for my mother. She's in early stage Alzheimer and because of where she lives and where I work, Sunday is the only day I'm able to see her. My brother watches her through the week and with me covering Sunday gives him a little break.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodney Brown View Post
                NC Scroller,

Thanks for the info. I live outside a little town called Roseboro, about 35 miles east of Fayetteville. I will definitely look into the clubs. Unfortunately my Sundays are currently taken with me caring for my mother. She's in early stage Alzheimer and because of where she lives and where I work, Sunday is the only day I'm able to see her. My brother watches her through the week and with me covering Sunday gives him a little break.
                I know another scroller in Cameron,NC which is close to you. They are part of the NC Woodworker group I mentioned.
                Scott
                Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

I'd offer you the welcome mat, but a carpet of sawdust might be more appropriate! So glad to have you join us. Share you hobby with us for sure!
                  Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Thanks all for the welcomes. I look forward to learning and sharing.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                      Reply to Tough Decisions
                      by will8989
                      Scott, I was referring to her pms to Bill Wilson and Quartz. They posted her reply by pms instead of on here.
                      Would be nice Quartz. I asked got Bob to put the issue next tp patterns and he said something about real estate. He found a way to do it and didn’t lose any real estate. Guess they don’t...
                      Today, 10:57 AM
                    • Quartz43
                      Reply to Tough Decisions
                      by Quartz43
                      I would be pleased if FC at least did a trial of printing A pattern on regular sized text and also providing a scale up factor. Their resistance to do anything if a real pain. It was a similar lack of action with the website that resulted in lost viewers.
                      Today, 09:46 AM
                    • NC Scroller
                      Reply to Tough Decisions
                      by NC Scroller
                      I think Kelly did that because I wrote a letter to the editor complaining about an article in the last addition. It was the article about staying connected online and it didn't mention the FC forum....
                      Today, 06:36 AM
                    • hotshot
                      Reply to Demo display
                      by hotshot
                      The fastest I've ever seen one of those 3d deer cuts was by Rick Hutcheson. That man was super fast when we was working the shows.

Here he is much more recently, and a bit slower: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riPDY6M-Lv8

Here is the pattern on Ricks' site: http://www....
                      Yesterday, 10:58 PM
                    • Linda In Phoenix
                      Reply to Woodgrain Worked Against Me
                      by Linda In Phoenix
                      Rodney you and your wife make a great team! Very nicely done sir.
                      Yesterday, 07:08 PM
                    Working...
                    X