Bonjour from QuƩbec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonjour from QuĆ©bec

Hello scroll saw fans, I just discovered the site which seem to have a lot of good artists , ideas, and plans.
    I use that saw since 4-5 years and love it very much, more and more.
    I had already made some pieces and began to be quite confortable with the saw. Will show you soon!šŸ˜‰
    So next step is to exchange with you.

Thanks to be there

planeur

Welcome to the SSWC forum from Tennessee.
    Denny
    ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

We are a small, but dedicated branch of the scroll saw family. Please don't be afraid to join in on conversations, ask questions, or offer advice/comments.
      We are share equally, but some just keep adding new toys (I mean tools) and the one with the most toys wins! šŸ˜
      We truly are family and LOVE to jest with one another.
      Jim
      When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
      Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

Planeur so glad you were able to hook up with this website forum. You should be a nice addition!
        Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Welcome to the group! We look forward to seeing some of your work.
          Rolf
          RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
          Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
          Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
          And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Thanks everyone ! šŸ˜€
            My goal is to exchange and learn and try some new techniques.
            I have an Excalibur EX-21 , and I use the Pegas blade, which are very good.
            I raise the rear of the cart , as probably most of you, which is very good for our body šŸ˜and vision of the work.
            My shop in the basement, is a small one 12' X 12' , but enought for me .
            Before doing scrollsaw work, I did, all kind of wood works, for us or others.
            The best and difficult thing I did was the famous Sam Maloof rocking chair, from a plan bought from Marc Spagnuolo of Wood Whisperer, which is the top plan and chair ! I did it in cherry wood.

And since 3-4 years I am doing more and more scrollsaw works, and I love it more and more.
            Lot of challenges of all kind.
            I think that scrollsaw fans are peoples with a lot of PATIENCE, and skill and like very much precision !

To begin here is a improvement of the succion of my saw, which is very simple but lot more effective . I am using the same tubing for my drill press. The advantage of a small shop....! šŸ˜‰

See you soon to continue to discover the site and peoples.

planeur
            IMG_0884__1580834844_24349.jpg IMG_0890__1580835029_44064.jpg IMG_0883__1580834809_43730.jpg IMG_0888__1580834971_83664.jpg IMG_0886__1580834915_16522.jpg

Comment

Welcome from North Carolina. I like you dust collection solution. Merci for sharing it. By the way Bonjour and Merci is about all I remember from high school French which was for than a 1/2 century ago, :-)
              Scott
              Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Bienvenue !
                They are 2 words quite importants !

planeur

Comment

Welcome to the group. There are some great people here. I have used the search function many times when researching toys, ahem, tools to buy.
                  Jo Labre - in beautiful Racine, Wisconsin

Mostly, I don't know what I am doing - but I am doing it with GUSTO!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
                    Reply to Wood identification needed
                    by Rolf
                    This site should be on every woodworkers computer. https://www.wood-database.com/ As has been said the first image is Wenge....
                    Today, 07:38 AM
                  • handibunny
                    Reply to I decided I needed a challenge
                    by handibunny
                    I couldn't resist (too long since any new toys) and ordered a blacklight flashlight from Amazon--same price as Harbor Freight. Should be here Tuesday--can't wait to see all the glue spots I've missed.
                    Today, 07:01 AM
                  • handibunny
                    by handibunny
                    If you google "Moradillo" you'll get more information than you'll ever need. It looks like it will work up beautifully.
                    Today, 06:59 AM
                  • dgman
                    by dgman
                    The first picture is Wenge, pronounced WHEN-ghay or WHEN-Gii. It is a very hard wood. Itā€™s splintery and very hard to cut. When finished, it is almost black. I use it when I need a black wood for Intarsia. I do not know anything about the other wood.
                    Yesterday, 10:40 PM
                  • vgraf
                    Wood identification needed
                    by vgraf
                    I have a new neighbor who did a lot of woodworking in the past but had to give it up because of allergies. He sold his shop equipment and wood stockpile when he moved here, however he kept a few pieces of fancy wood and showed them to me. The first one (First Photo) he had no idea what it was. It is...
                    Yesterday, 09:31 PM
                  Working...
                  X