Howdy from Okeechobee Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howdy from Okeechobee Florida

Just joined last week. Have a older Ryobi scroll saw. Just ordered a new Delta 40-694. Retired sorta. Do lots of Bass fishing.

Welcome to the board! I'm still cutting on a 15 year old Ryobi scroll saw myself. Looking to upgrade this summer, let me know how you like the new Delta.
    Salz

Comment

Welcome to the forum from TN. Post some pictures of your projects.
      Denny
      ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

And hi from Arizona! We look forward to your input on our site. What type of scrolling to you enjoy doing the most? Most of us do several, and enjoy it all.
        Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Greetings from Southwest Florida (Naples)!

Let's see: bass fishing in Lake Okeechobee or scroll sawing. Sorry, I'm going with bass fishing on this one!

I hope you get some big ones!

Karl
          Karl in Sunny Southwest Florida

Comment

Welcome. Feel free to post bass photos along with your scroll saw work.
            "Time to Give Back"

Comment

I figured there were some folks here who knew about Okeechobee and Bass fishing..

Comment

Greeting from North Carolina..... Another bass fisherman and scroller. Did a shiner fishing trip with my dad to "O" once. Was 25+ years ago. Got one good one.
                Scott
                Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Welcome to the group. Like the others have asked, what are your favorite things to cut. I would also like to get your opinion on the Delta 40-694.
                  We always have folks asking about what saws to purchase. As you will discover we all have our preferences.

Regarding Bass fishing, I don't fish anymore but boy do I like those Bass boats.
                  Rolf
                  RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                  Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                  Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                  And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Welcome to our friendly group. Pictures we like pictures!
                    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Belated Indiana greetings. Been a while since I was bass fishing, but always loved it. Some of the biggest fish I ever boated were near busy highways in the Orlando area.
                      Remember, the are no mistakes--just artistic interpretations.
                      Jim
                      When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
                      Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

Hey folks, sorry for the delay. I love my Delta 40-694. Took it apart to be sure all the needle bearings had plenty of grease. They surly did! And made sure everything was good and tight in the scroll saw, and it was. So in my book yhe Delta is the equal to the Dewalt 788, but cheaper to buy. I am making mantel clocks with the cheap quartz movement. They seem to be real popular in these parts. But am having trouble finding good flat oak 1/4 X 3" and 6" wide lumber around here. Might have to run over to Fort Pierce area to find it. Or might have to order it online. Anyone have good places to get 1/4" oak online?

Comment

Hi Hogcat- belated greetings from Pachuca, Central Mexico. Welcome to the forum.

Don't be shy. Dive in and post pictures of whatever projects you are working on and if you need any help or advice shout out. There are plenty of folks on this forum willing to help out.
                          Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
                          - Albert Einstein

Comment

Hello Hogcat, from Central South Dakota. I don't contribute very much because I'm still learning but I think it's a great place to be. Someone has always answered any questions I have. I have definately learned a lot from this forum and they are extremely friendly and informative. I used to do some bass fishing in the ponds around here but haven't had much time to fish in the last few years. (I can see the Missouri river from my front window). I just upgraded from a Delta saw to a new Pegas scrollsaw and I love the new saw. It seems like it only takes half the time to cut something out now. If you want to upgrade down the road, talk with Denny from this forum (Sandy Oaks) he's not only a distributor but he's been very helpful with me when ever I have a question in regards to my new saw.

Dan

Comment

Hogcat, try Ocooch hardwoods. They have been around a long time and are very reliable.

And welcome, from NY!
                              Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X