Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Duncan as Grobet USA's National Sales Manager

Good Morning Gang,
    The folks at WcI have asked me to formally introduce myself in my new role. Kaylee felt that since I have such a long relationship with the forum (and the readers) I should introduce myself in my new role and reassure everyone that I'm still around.

You'll still see my name in the magazine. I'm working freelance for the magazines, sharing my wealth of woodworking knowledge as a consultant on articles, writing product reviews (for products that Grobet/Pegas do not have competing products for), and writing general tool and shop articles. I'll still be checking out the forums as well, so if there are products you'd like to see reviews for (or if you have any questions about Grobet products), feel free to mention it here.

Most of my time up to this point was spent combing through Grobets 600-page catalog of products for the Jewelry, Dental, Optical, and Industrial markets to find what items are also useful for woodcarvers, scroll sawyers, and woodworkers in general, to create a woodworking catalog. Now, I'm spending my time reaching out to my contacts in the woodworking world and showing them what we have available. I'll also be doing some traveling, showing off our tools.

To wrap this up, yes, I left Fox Chapel, but yes, I'm still around. And there's no way I'd abandon the friends I've made here over the past 15 years.
    www.GrobetUSA.com

Glad you are still around and contributing to the forum.
    Denny
    ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Good luck in your new/old job. I have a hint for dental tools: we use the scraper they clean your teeth with, to remove glue that has squeezed out when gluing up. Just a thought! Happy that you will still be on here. Can't believe its been 15 years since I met you and Shannon. Lucky I was fired that week or I would have never been to the open house and became so involved in woodworking.and met so many wonderful people.
      Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Congratulations and best of luck in your new endeavor, Bob. Sounds like an exciting challenge.

Glad to hear you won't be a stranger around here. Your insight and perspective is always appreciated.
        Last edited by Bill Wilson; 05-15-2019, 12:31 PM.
        Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

Bob,

Good luck in your new endeavors.
          cwmagee
          aka Fibber
          Producer of fancy firewood​

Comment

Congratulations Bob o your new job. Look forward to hearing more about their products. Glad to hear you will still be hanging out with us some here on the forum and still contributing to the magazine.
            Melanie from East TN

Comment

Bob best of luck. Glad you will be still spending time with us here.
              Scott
              Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Good luck with your new endeavor, they are lucky to have you.! It is great that you will continue your collaboration with SSWWC and Wood Carving illustrated. I also first met you and Shannon at the Fox Chapel open house in 2005, when you were running the speed cutting challenge. Little did I know how hard this hobby would bite me and that I would end up getting the opportunity to be a test cutter for you in 2010.
                Will you now be an official Lurker on this site
                Rolf
                RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

As everyone else has said, we are glad you got an opportunity and that you are keeping yourself involved on our "side".

It was great meeting you at the open house a few years back and spending that weekend around all the teachers and woodworkers that made the trip great as well as the helpful staff that made those open houses run so smoothly.
                  Last edited by Jim McDonald; 05-16-2019, 03:06 PM.
                  Jim
                  When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
                  Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

Oh, by the way Bob, when will forum members be eligible for the "Friends & Family" discount?

Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

Unfortunately, since we don't sell direct, that's not something I can offer <GRIN>.

Bob
                      www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Jim McDonald
                        Reply to Unicorn Spit Experiment
                        by Jim McDonald
                        I have used it on a few projects and it worked on some, not so good on others.
                        What I found was the yellow on BB plywood is too light in pigment--even with two coats full strength. Had to scrap some pieces and pick another color. The red, blue, green, orange did great. I should say the dyes mix...
                        Today, 07:32 PM
                      • Rolf
                        Reply to Question on a RBI hawk
                        by Rolf
                        Along with what Tango said. The earlier saws did not top feed,not exactly sure when the change happened. I personally would not buy a Hawk that has the lower barrel style clamp. I would look for a saw 2005 or newer. That has the new clamps Variable speed, top and bottom feed.
                        If you can get...
                        Today, 05:23 PM
                      • handibunny
                        Reply to Pegas blade clamp (retrofitted to the Jet) tensioning lever disengages by itself
                        by handibunny
                        Thanks for the info, Rolf. Sounds like the Corian was the culprit. Interesting.
                        Today, 04:04 PM
                      • cwmagee
                        Reply to Wacom tablet
                        by cwmagee
                        I have a Wacom tablet for several years, I too find it frustrating to use. I have never been able to get comfortable with the eye hand coordination that a tablet requires. I find the mouse far more convenient. I know that there those swear by it, I swear at it.
                        Today, 01:21 PM
                      • Linda In Phoenix
                        Reply to Wacom tablet
                        by Linda In Phoenix
                        I have tried really hard with Inkscape and Paint. Dabbled in a few others. Mostly I find it to be a glorified mouse that I have to be overly carefuly to keep my hand off of the surface while using. True graphite and paper artists don't allow their hand to brush the paper because the graphite would...
                        Today, 11:43 AM
                      Working...
                      X