Scroll Saw Tension lever

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scroll Saw Tension lever

I have an 18" Porter Cable scroll saw. The tension lever to tighten the blade will never tighten. I know how it works, I've had my saw for about 3 years, but suddenly it will not tighten and there is a lot of play when you move the lever. ANybody else ever had this issue? Know how to fix it? Any help is appreciated

I had a Delta scroll saw that did that. Took it in for service because I'm not mechanically inclined. It was a broken spring in the mechanism. If that's your problem then it's an easy and inexpensive fix for you to do yourself. Good luck!
    Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Welcome to the group aforehand,
      Try to get a parts break down of the saw, it should be available from the porta cable website.

what is the part and model number of your saw?
      Rolf
      RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
      Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
      Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
      And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

If it is a screw type tightener, try a drop of lock tite on the screw. I have that problem because the threads wear and get a little floppy. The locktite I use is this one. https://www.amazon.com/Loctite-13309...SIN=B005M1RI84
        Pacifism is great, as long as everyone is participating.

StephenD

The Southern Arizona Woodturners Association
        Desert Woodcrafters
        Grandpa for the 7 most amazing children.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Bill Wilson
          Reply to wipe on poly and tack cloth
          by Bill Wilson
          First, follow the instructions on the can, regarding wait time between coats. I would think that for the first couple coats, re-applying while the previous coat was still tacky wouldn't be terrible, but I would warn that building several coats without allowing proper drying time, will extend the overall,...
          Today, 08:50 AM
        • Don in Brooklin On
          Reply to wipe on poly and tack cloth
          by Don in Brooklin On
          I use wipe on poly quite often and I apply 2 thin coats before sanding with 220 or 320. I wipe with a lint free. Someone told me not to use tack cloth as you can leave behind a wee bit of beeswax witch could cause issues later on.

I make sure that the surface is dry and not tacky before...
          Yesterday, 05:41 AM
        • dwssr2
          wipe on poly and tack cloth
          by dwssr2
          Question, when sanding polyurethane in between coats, using a tack cloth, is it ok to wipe on poly while the project seems tacky or should a person wait a few hours to let it dry?
          How necessary is it to sand between coats of polyurethane? I am sure people have a lot of different opinions and...
          04-24-2019, 05:58 PM
        • tgiro01
          Reply to Do you know what this Is?
          by tgiro01
          Betty asked: "Where does the responsibility of the maker of an item end and the responsibility of the purchaser begin? My sealife puzzle is purchased by older people due to its complexity but - if they leave it laying around and a child gets a part and chokes, is that my responsibility or theirs?"...
          04-24-2019, 12:20 PM
        • RJweb
          Reply to Do you know what this Is?
          by RJweb
          The problem now a days everyone is sue happy, no matter who’s at fault, RJ...
          04-24-2019, 10:03 AM
        Working...
        X