I'm back...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm back...

Howdy, my name is Bruce Swanson and I'm from Newton, NC, right next to Hickory, but hours from NC Scroller Scott over on Lake Gaston. I've been away from this forum so long, my face isn't on the milk cartons anymore. I've been scrolling so long I can't remember when I started. I think it goes way back to my father's old cast iron Homecraft saw. I really started with a small Craftsman saw to cut out some clocks I drew the designs for; at that time I didn't know there patterns for scroll work. Next my brother gave me his Delta P-20 when he bought a DW788. Then I bought the DW788 Type 1 from him. Next I bought a used Hegner that I eventually sold to NC Scroller Scott after I picked up a used Hawk G-4 with Ponzguy blade clamps. That is the love of my life! I then found a Hawk 226 VS Ultra that was virtually untouched since the owner bought it new. So I now have the 2 Hawks, which are fantastic machines, plus a full woodworking shop. I buy all my lumber rough, kiln dried or from the mill. I have a large pole barn I built to store lumber in, and also air dry it. It also has to house my antique tractors which I work on.
    I love cutting out the great clocks, as well as most anything else I enjoy making. I use hardwood lumber in all that I build. So I'm glad they finally let me sneak back in. Talk to you all later,
    Manufacturer Of Heirloom Quality Sawdust

I wasn't born in the south, but I got here as fast as I could!

Dewalt DW788 Hegner Maximat 18

Welcome back.
    Melanie from East TN

Comment

Welcome back! please post some pictures of what you have been working on when you get a chance.
      My Hawk G4 saw is also set up with the Pozgai clamp modification (the old Delta quick clamps). I agree with you there is nothing better.
      Rolf
      RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
      Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
      Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
      And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Welcome back to the forum, Bruce. We are in Dayton, TN, not to far away.
        Denny
        ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Never know when I might get over that way Denny. I don't know where Dayton is, but now and then my wife and I like to get a cabin around Pigeon Forge for a few days, and savor the feeling of not having to do anything, although a scroll saw on the deck would be nice.
          Bruce
          Manufacturer Of Heirloom Quality Sawdust

I wasn't born in the south, but I got here as fast as I could!

Dewalt DW788 Hegner Maximat 18

Comment

Welcome back home Brother.
            Scott
            Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X