Been absent for a while*****

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been absent for a while*****

Hi, all ! Have been absent for a few years, so have to learn to walk, so to speak. At present my computer is being restored, so am poking the keyboard on my Nook. Kind of slow going. Will have to learn what a member needs & should do to be a regular member. I have been slowed down on my shop work since being diagnosed with prostate & bone cancer. I just don't last as long in the shop with a project. Thanks all for a great Hobby & info outlet. Take Care !!!!
    PERK

Welcome back, Perk. I finished treatment for prostate cancer this past December. My strength is returning. I can now go about a half day before having to take a 2 or 3 hours break. Back in December it was work an hour and take a break the rest of the day.

Larry
    Larry Davis
    Using wood rescued from the fire pit. My story told with a log.

Member Callahan Area Woodworking Group, Clyde, Texas

Comment

Welcome back. I trust everything is better health wise. I usually work about two hours on the saw and then take a break. Must be age!
      Denny
      ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Welcome back!!!! Our bodies do slow us down. Mine is at 90 years. Ckeck in once a month keeps you on the current list
        ♥♥ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♥♥

Comment

Welcome back. Some days I can work for 5-6 hours and other days, it's Do I have to? LOL I have found that after dinner, I am done, done done. When Bruce worked night work I worked from 2-10 with a break for dinner. Although I want to work that much, there are days I rather play with my grandson on the days we have him. Then there are days I can go like the energizer bunny. Today is not one of those days. Keep checking to say hi. Good thoughts for continued improvement.
          Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Welcome back and I am glad to hear you are on the mend.
            Rolf
            RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
            Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
            Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
            And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Good to see an old friend back on the board. Sad to hear about the health issues, but looks like are dealing with it.
              Keep coming back to see our small band of outlaws.
              Jim
              When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
              Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

Welcome back. Sorry to hear about your health issues. Just pace your self.
                Scott
                Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Sorry to hear that you have been under the weather, I wish you a speedy recovery. I know what you are going through as I too have been missing for 9 months as I suffered a stroke last year after I moved to Washington State. I have since moved back to Sacramento Ca. I am still trying to recover from the stroke and have not been able to do much. It is good to be back on this forum. I hope to be able to check in more often. Take care my friends..

Comment

Originally posted by campasano View Post
                    Sorry to hear that you have been under the weather, I wish you a speedy recovery. I know what you are going through as I too have been missing for 9 months as I suffered a stroke last year after I moved to Washington State. I have since moved back to Sacramento Ca. I am still trying to recover from the stroke and have not been able to do much. It is good to be back on this forum. I hope to be able to check in more often. Take care my friends..
                    So very sorry to hear this. Prayers for your recovery.
                    Scott
                    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Welcome back and take care of yourself. Please keep us posted on your progress.
                      Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• strohman
                        Reply to Which end is up?
                        strohman
                        I did indeed have the blade in upside down. I was using some Bosch blades that I picked up from Lowes.
                        On Friday I got some Olsen blades in the mail. I hadn't ever seen any blades this thin. It was a bit of a struggle seeing the teeth, but I was able to feel the top and bottom of the blade...
                        Today, 09:49 PM
                      • Trackman
                        Reply to Fall Issue #72
                        Trackman
                        I too wish the best for Mindy!
                        Today, 07:11 PM
                      • Kiwi
                        Reply to Jaguar
                        Kiwi
                        It is a pattern from Neal Moore's book "Wildlife Portraits in Wood." He has some other interesting designs in that book and gives full instructions on how best to make each project.

Each of the pattern parts are cut from a piece of 12mm plywood. Then they are stained their respective...
                        Today, 05:32 PM
                      • leehljp
                        Reply to Fall Issue #72
                        leehljp
                        I received mine yesterday but didn't get to look through until this (Sunday) afternoon. Carole had another great article in it. This one was on a Dice Tower.

When looking at the dice tower, I didn't notice the author until I was the next page and I looked back. It was Carole!
                        Today, 03:45 PM
                      • Sandy Oaks
                        Reply to Jaguar
                        Sandy Oaks
                        Very well done. Can you show a side view to get a feel for the depth?
                        Today, 12:16 PM
                      Working...
                      X