Treasure hunt!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Treasure hunt!

While hunting down my patterns, I found this notebook a friend gave me when he & his family were moving. titled "Woodworking and Pattern Club". Dates I could find are in the 1990-91range. Must be hundreds of patterns in sets. Anyone familiar with it?? (See what I mean about cats??? Cappy, one of my younger brats, had to take a peek!)
    Cover Cappy the kitten checking it out!

Interesting find.
    Rolf
    RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

I tend to hit the used book stores from time to time looking for craft magazines. This looks some of the stuff I've seen in the late 1990s/early 2000 craft and painting books. Always thought they would be great for outlines or as a start to a pattern--just never got to it.
      Jim
      When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
      Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

Very interesting
        Denny
        ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

When I got all of my dads woodworking books, wood reference books and pattern books this was in with every thing and yes there a quite a few patterns in the three ring binder.

Dan

Comment

I'm pretty sure these are the FC&A publishing patterns from the time period you mentioned. (I have the same set.) The patterns are rather poor in design and they are pretty much for cutting and painting. I don't recall any (or very many) that could be cut and be appealing without painting.

Winfield's Pattern Club came around 4-5 years later and were a much better product. (I have those as well, but I'm missing one set.)

Karl
            Karl in Sunny Southwest Florida

Comment

I read that some folks take these old patterns and use them as base forms for making new patterns. There are a couple of sets for scrollsaw.

Comment

A relative gave me a box of full of cutting patterns and that book was included. None of it was the type of stuff that I do and I gave them away to some one on the forum (or maybe the old form). I know a lot of the cutting was simplistic stuff that had painting patterns with it.
                Tony

My Son-in-law said "Darnit, I cut this board twice, now. And it's still too short."

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• octoolguy
                  Reply to Spiral Basket
                  octoolguy
                  I've watched many of Alex Fox's videos. You did a fine job on this one. I will have to give it a try....
                  Today, 03:02 PM
                • mowerman1193
                  Reply to Pegas Blade Chuck?
                  mowerman1193
                  Hmm, I read on another message board that the thumb screws are the same size.. and they said they used their screws they had from their old clamp because they had bought some special steel ones with a knurled knob.. so I guess I would assume the screws would work.. then I also read where the only difference...
                  Today, 02:48 PM
                • bhenr99
                  Reply to Pegas Blade Chuck?
                  bhenr99
                  I called suppliers of the Pegas blade holder and none of them could answer if parts were available.I asked mainly for the tip replacement on the thumb screw.
                  Today, 08:27 AM
                • Rolf
                  Reply to Great Poplar
                  Rolf
                  Beautiful colors it is a shame that it doesn't stay that way.
                  Today, 08:18 AM
                • Rolf
                  Reply to Lowes Picking up Craftsman Hand Tools
                  Rolf
                  I was never a fan of Craftsman power tools. I always though they were for "homeowner duty" and for most normal usage they are great. For heavy duty usage I go with higher end brands. My dad was a big fan. The only Craftsman tools I used heavily and still do are the mechanical ones, wrenches...
                  Today, 08:09 AM
                Working...
                X