Treasure hunt!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Treasure hunt!

While hunting down my patterns, I found this notebook a friend gave me when he & his family were moving. titled "Woodworking and Pattern Club". Dates I could find are in the 1990-91range. Must be hundreds of patterns in sets. Anyone familiar with it?? (See what I mean about cats??? Cappy, one of my younger brats, had to take a peek!)
    Cover Cappy the kitten checking it out!

Interesting find.
    Rolf
    RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

I tend to hit the used book stores from time to time looking for craft magazines. This looks some of the stuff I've seen in the late 1990s/early 2000 craft and painting books. Always thought they would be great for outlines or as a start to a pattern--just never got to it.
      Jim
      When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
      Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

Very interesting
        Denny
        ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

When I got all of my dads woodworking books, wood reference books and pattern books this was in with every thing and yes there a quite a few patterns in the three ring binder.

Dan

Comment

I'm pretty sure these are the FC&A publishing patterns from the time period you mentioned. (I have the same set.) The patterns are rather poor in design and they are pretty much for cutting and painting. I don't recall any (or very many) that could be cut and be appealing without painting.

Winfield's Pattern Club came around 4-5 years later and were a much better product. (I have those as well, but I'm missing one set.)

Karl
            Karl in Sunny Southwest Florida

Comment

I read that some folks take these old patterns and use them as base forms for making new patterns. There are a couple of sets for scrollsaw.

Comment

A relative gave me a box of full of cutting patterns and that book was included. None of it was the type of stuff that I do and I gave them away to some one on the forum (or maybe the old form). I know a lot of the cutting was simplistic stuff that had painting patterns with it.
                Tony

My Son-in-law said "Darnit, I cut this board twice, now. And it's still too short."

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Sandy Oaks
                  Reply to One For My Quiting Wife
                  Sandy Oaks
                  When people come into ArtCrafters and ask about a scroll saw, I say it is similar to a sewing machine except with small blades.
                  Today, 03:22 PM
                • leehljp
                  Reply to Interesting Hegner Patent
                  leehljp
                  Me - also! I drove from Memphis to Dallas yesterday in heavy rain all the way. Could not use the cruise control. My leg was in a knot.

Having said that, I can sit still at the scroll saw for about an 30 minutes at the most before I have to move around; On the lathe, I can also stand in...
                  Today, 11:51 AM
                • tgiro01
                  Reply to Super Max 19-38 real test.
                  tgiro01
                  I've lured a husky neighbor with the promise of a turned pen. Now we are just waiting for the d()*& rain to stop so we can get the minivan around to the back steps into the basement, and get it down stairs. All my neighbors know that, when they help me - they walk away with a priceless work of art...
                  Today, 10:47 AM
                • Rolf
                  Reply to Super Max 19-38 real test.
                  Rolf
                  Scrappile I like that engine hoist. When we moved into this house back in 96 One of the first things I did was put a loft in the garage and provided a place to hang a chain hoist for working on my car. The roll around hoist has some advantages over my setup.
                  Today, 10:30 AM
                • Rolf
                  Reply to Interesting Hegner Patent
                  Rolf
                  I have two variable speed controllers one is on my Digital embroidery machine(inherited from my Mom) and I also have a Rampower carver with the electronic foot pedal. The variable speed on both of those gives much more control. especially on the power carver....
                  Today, 10:22 AM
                Working...
                X