No announcement yet.

NEw

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael L. almost missed that you are also a new member. You have found yourself a great Hobby and a great place to learn and share it.
    Rolf
    RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Originally posted by Michael L. View Post
      I am a disabled vet, and have time on my hands. I took up woodworking again. I did it back when I was a kid raised on a farm. I also took it in highschool. I'm trying to do my best in learning scroll sawing and keeping it on the line. Love the magazine.
      Welcome Michael to the friendliest scroll saw forum on the web.
      Scott
      Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Thanks folks, appreciate the warm welcome.

Comment

I too want to welcome Michael. Just wonder where that farm was located? Glad you had a high school shop too work in. Thanks for your service, from a WW11 vet. Does your disability hinder scroll sawing? Please share more with us.
          Floyd in Reno.
          Last edited by mtwoodguy; 01-05-2018, 07:48 AM. Reason: Correct a sentence
          ♥♥ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♥♥

Comment

Originally posted by mtwoodguy View Post
            I too want to welcome Michael. Just wonder where that farm was located? Glad you had a high school shop too work in. Thanks for your service, from a WW11 vet. Does your disability hinder scroll sawing? Please share more with us.
            Floyd in Reno.
            Hi Floyd in Reno. To answer your questions :-) I was raised on a big farm in upstate NY. Between Aurora and Ithica NY. Beautiful country but very cold indeed. Yes my disabilities do hinder my woodworking and scollsawing. Sometimes I just can't get to the basement shop due to medications and other related situations. Which by the way is the same tempature as the floor abov it :-) I am a single parent with two lovely children girl 10 and boy 12 who is better at following the line than I am Ha! I lived out west ( Cali, Hawaii, Vegas) and south pacific most of my adult life. I do laymen ministry and found the Lord had led me to make toys recently for unfortunate kids. I belong to the Gwinnett Woodworkers Association never actually been in Peachtree Ga for a meeting. I belong to www.toymakingplans.com forum too, and a great bunch of people there too. That is where I am learning a lot about toy making. Will be posting questions on some DW788 questions too. I have a facebook page if yall want to see my 5 minute shop tour in my humble adobe. Just look under Michael Lusk in Springfield TN. You don't need to be a friend to see it. If you send me a facebook friend request you must send me a msg to let me know who you are and you are from the forum, otherwise I just delete them.
            I am glad to be here, and look forward to receiving and sharing my opinions too. So Thanks Floyd for your questions and your service too....M Oh, one more thing. I just realized that Powermatic is from middle TN and has a nice sized plant and will be making a tour of it real soon. Now, the only thing is to afford one Hahaha!
            Last edited by Michael L.; 01-05-2018, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael L. View Post

Hi Floyd in Reno. To answer your questions :-) I was raised on a big farm in upstate NY. Between Aurora and Ithica NY. Beautiful country but very cold indeed. Yes my disabilities do hinder my woodworking and scollsawing. Sometimes I just can't get to the basement shop due to medications and other related situations. Which by the way is the same tempature as the floor abov it :-) I am a single parent with two lovely children girl 10 and boy 12 who is better at following the line than I am Ha! I lived out west ( Cali, Hawaii, Vegas) and south pacific most of my adult life. I do laymen ministry and found the Lord had led me to make toys recently for unfortunate kids. I belong to the Gwinnett Woodworkers Association never actually been in Peachtree Ga for a meeting. I belong to www.toymakingplans.com forum too, and a great bunch of people there too. That is where I am learning a lot about toy making. Will be posting questions on some DW788 questions too. I have a facebook page if yall want to see my 5 minute shop tour in my humble adobe. Just look under Michael Lusk in Springfield TN. You don't need to be a friend to see it. If you send me a facebook friend request you must send me a msg to let me know who you are and you are from the forum, otherwise I just delete them.
              I am glad to be here, and look forward to receiving and sharing my opinions too. So Thanks Floyd for your questions and your service too....M Oh, one more thing. I just realized that Powermatic is from middle TN and has a nice sized plant and will be making a tour of it real soon. Now, the only thing is to afford one Hahaha!
              Another dang Yankee. Hahaha. Grew up in Poughkeepsie. Went to college in Plattsburg. Fished a time or two on Skaneateles and many times on the Mohawk River. Moved to NC in 1993. Best thing I ever did. Scott
              Scott

Comment

I like middle TN. My family moved here from upstate ny back in 95. I officially moved here in 2003. Lof of industry here big time. Plus POWERMATIC is here. LOL!!!!!!

Comment

Now you guy's wouldn't be disparaging NY would you? I spent 2 years in Rome NY at Griffis AFB. The winters were way to long up there, and Plattsburg, that is borderline arctic.
                  Rolf
                  RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                  Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                  Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                  And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Originally posted by Rolf View Post
                    Now you guy's wouldn't be disparaging NY would you? I spent 2 years in Rome NY at Griffis AFB. The winters were way to long up there, and Plattsburg, that is borderline arctic.
                    Are earned. Been there. Lived it. LOL!!!!
                    Scott

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X