Hi wood working clubs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi wood working clubs?

Hi, I am dan from central Pa, is there anyone close that would like to get together and talk scroll sawing and wood working, and old machines? also is there anyone here that is familiar with the Mid State Scrollers in Pa? thanks dan

Central PA is kind of large. Can you narrow it down? I'm in Rouzerville, PA, on the MD border.
    Tony

My Son-in-law said "Darnit, I cut this board twice, now. And it's still too short."

Comment

I have always thought it would be fun to belong to a scroller club, but there are not local. Recently I was invited to attend a local turner club meeting and I met a few members that also scroll. I am thinking of joining, just to be where other wood workers are and I also do some turning although not my main interest. There is also a pretty active carver club in my area. Look around around for any kind of wood club or got to a local advertised wood related show and talk to the artists. Also check out local bazaars especially this time of year and if you see some wood work displayed, talk to the vendor. May lead to something.
      AKA Paul from Washington State

Comment

My Husband belongs to a woodworkers club which has all woodworkers including a lot of scrollers. Google counties near you for woodworker clubs.
        Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Excellent advice Paul. Most woodworkers and wood crafters are multi faceted. I have met many people at our craft fair that scroll and I have made every effort to have them join our club. Almost all of our scrolling club members turn and carve.
          The Pennsylvania area around Hershey, Lebanon and East Petersburg, home of Fox Chapel, used to have some very large clubs and used to host some very big Scroll saw picnics. My suspicion is that many of these clubs have "aged out".
          Rolf
          RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
          Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
          Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
          And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

I found the paper I picked someplace. TrI County Scrollers http://tricountyscrollers.org/

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X