Hi wood working clubs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi wood working clubs?

Hi, I am dan from central Pa, is there anyone close that would like to get together and talk scroll sawing and wood working, and old machines? also is there anyone here that is familiar with the Mid State Scrollers in Pa? thanks dan

Central PA is kind of large. Can you narrow it down? I'm in Rouzerville, PA, on the MD border.
    Tony

My Son-in-law said "Darnit, I cut this board twice, now. And it's still too short."

Comment

I have always thought it would be fun to belong to a scroller club, but there are not local. Recently I was invited to attend a local turner club meeting and I met a few members that also scroll. I am thinking of joining, just to be where other wood workers are and I also do some turning although not my main interest. There is also a pretty active carver club in my area. Look around around for any kind of wood club or got to a local advertised wood related show and talk to the artists. Also check out local bazaars especially this time of year and if you see some wood work displayed, talk to the vendor. May lead to something.
      AKA Paul from Washington State
      Hegner Multimax 22-V and Seyco ST-21

Comment

My Husband belongs to a woodworkers club which has all woodworkers including a lot of scrollers. Google counties near you for woodworker clubs.
        Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Excellent advice Paul. Most woodworkers and wood crafters are multi faceted. I have met many people at our craft fair that scroll and I have made every effort to have them join our club. Almost all of our scrolling club members turn and carve.
          The Pennsylvania area around Hershey, Lebanon and East Petersburg, home of Fox Chapel, used to have some very large clubs and used to host some very big Scroll saw picnics. My suspicion is that many of these clubs have "aged out".
          Rolf
          RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
          Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
          Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
          And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

I found the paper I picked someplace. TrI County Scrollers http://tricountyscrollers.org/

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• NC Scroller
              Reply to Hey Dad, guess what happened to me today
              NC Scroller
              That is one where you tell Kevin we really don't need to know until at least 6 months after it happened. There are lots of crazy people out there....
              Today, 08:24 AM
            • Jim McDonald
              Reply to Hey Dad, guess what happened to me today
              Jim McDonald
              I really don't know what to say about that--other than I think I tried to treat "that" guy for chest pains 35 years ago in a mobile home (trailer).
              Glad Kevin got out with nothing more than a great story for the guys back at the water cooler.
              Today, 07:39 AM
            • tgiro01
              Reply to Business cards the gift that keeps on giving.
              tgiro01
              You're absolutely right -

Last week, a lady who had picked one of my cards at the downtown show, called and asked if she could come out and look at my bowls. She came an hour later, walked up to my latest bowl and asked the price. I told her and she whipped a check on me. About the third...
              Yesterday, 10:01 PM
            • daveswoodworking
              Reply to Secret Santa Exchange 2017
              daveswoodworking
              I received my secret Santa gift from NcScroller 12/15/2017 thank you for the praying hands and the bell Intarsia kit looks like it will be interested to make I never made one before

thank you so very
              much
              david...
              Yesterday, 09:23 PM
            • Jim McDonald
              Reply to It's done
              Jim McDonald
              When I figured out what you were doing, I figured you would have to remove a ton of wood to get the movement to sit correctly. Really like the numbers. Any guess on weight?
              Yesterday, 08:42 PM
            Working...
            X