Blade Length

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blade Length

Would it kill folks to make the blade just a fraction longer? It seems like such a struggle to change blades on my Excalibur. Just a bit more blade length would help Soooo much. Thoughts?

They are a standard length and the saw is made to use that length. Is your top arm on the saw parallel to the table top?
    AKA Paul from Washington State
    21" Excalibur
    22" Hegner.

Comment

As close as I can get it. I use a pre-measured block of wood that I put between the table and the arm. I understand that there are standards, but what would it hurt to add a 1/16th. It looks like my saw could accommodate that with out any problems.

Comment

You might want to check with Ray at Seyco. He is always very helpful.
        Denny
        ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

www.sandyoaksonline.com

Comment

Originally posted by Strikenmike View Post
          As close as I can get it. I use a pre-measured block of wood that I put between the table and the arm. I understand that there are standards, but what would it hurt to add a 1/16th. It looks like my saw could accommodate that with out any problems.
          I just don't see this as a common problem, least this is the first time I have heard the complaint. Something else is not correct. I have an Ex, never had a problem Maybe a picture of where (how high you put the blade in the top clamp and how low in the bottom clamp would help. For instance the blade should not extend above the flat part of the clamp that the clamp screw goes into (hope that makes sense). That should give you plenty of blade to clamp in the bottom. If not something is not right. Shows a picture, page 13 of the manual.
          AKA Paul from Washington State
          21" Excalibur
          22" Hegner.

Comment

You have to adjust the top arm of the saw with the knob on the back of the saw, If I remember good clockwise will bring the arm down.

Comment

Guess, what, Olsen does make a 6" blade. I thought I heard that Seyco may start selling a 6" also, not sure if that would be the Olsen or not.

Take a look: https://www.olsonsaw.net/shop/scroll...des-6-in-long/

There may be other brands that do this, I'm not sure
              Last edited by hotshot; 04-08-2017, 12:08 AM.
              "Ever Striving, Never Arriving"

Comment

The only time I experience issues with blade length on my EX21 is when the upper arm is not parallel with table top. That said, I have experienced issues with the upper arm staying parallel. Recently I have tried a small amount Loctite on the treads on the upper arm adjuster knob.

It is too soon to tell if I have solved the problem.
                cwmagee
                aka Fibber
                Producer of fancy firewood​

Comment

What saws use a 6" blade? It says for saws with a longer stroke. With the exception of some of the really old saws most only have a 3/4 inch stroke.
                  Rolf
                  RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                  Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                  Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                  And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Originally posted by Rolf View Post
                    What saws use a 6" blade? It says for saws with a longer stroke. With the exception of some of the really old saws most only have a 3/4 inch stroke.
                    The ARM on the Excalibur, Seyco, and Jet can be adjusted up with that back knob. This would introduce blade travel which could be tweaked back out again. This would be helpful for me on the puzzle boxes where my saw is maxed out on height, but I'm not used to the Olsen blades, so I would have to figure out if any of those would be similar to the FD Polar.
                    "Ever Striving, Never Arriving"

Comment

Randy by adjusting the arm up how would that affect the saw front back motion?
                      Rolf
                      RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                      Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                      Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                      And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• tgiro01
                        Reply to Business Cards
                        tgiro01
                        I print mine using folded card stock. I keep around a dozen in each car and set out 40 - 50 at each showing ( and have run out a coupe times). I know they work because people come back - email or call.

Here is the outside and inside of the cards...
                        Today, 08:50 PM
                      • Wild Bill
                        Reply to My 56 Chevy project
                        Wild Bill
                        Very nice. I think I know what is giving the bad eye. The front bumper needs to have a small bit shaved off on the right side. It looks as if there is a bump hanging down. I see it in the picture also. I think that it has to do with the lighting. I would take a straight edge and lay it on the...
                        Today, 07:12 PM
                      • hotshot
                        Reply to My 56 Chevy project
                        hotshot
                        What is this "fuming" method?
                        Today, 03:51 PM
                      • Sandy Oaks
                        Reply to Dream Catcher with Butterfly
                        Sandy Oaks
                        This item was purchased at ArtCrafters today. I may have to make more.
                        Today, 03:21 PM
                      • Rolf
                        Reply to vet THANK YOU
                        Rolf
                        i am sure they appreciated them! They look great.
                        Today, 03:17 PM
                      Working...
                      X