Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New From NW Mississippi

Trying this again:

Hi, my name is Hank Lee; I am kinda new to scroll saw woodworking. Looking forward to interacting, asking questions, and learning some finer tricks of the art. I am also semi-retired, meaning my part time work is almost full time. I have been around woodworking, and using woodworking tools as kid growing up in the '50s. My first venture in scroll saw was in Japan in the late '80s and early '90s. I purchased, on a whim, a cheap Sears scroll saw, a bunch of blades and took them to Japan where I worked for 26 years. I used it to cut out Japanese Kanji patterns in wood for friends and also to make puzzles. I found patterns from where ever I could or made my own. The saw got lost after a couple of moves.

A week ago, my wife pushed me to get into scroll saw woodworking after seeing some patterns in a few books at the Springfield, MO, Grizzly warehouse store. (Daughter lives near and works in Springfield, MO.) She even offered to buy me a scroll saw, if I would do some projects for her. I agreed and she did purchase a DeWalt last week, (and I have some questions about it later.)

My interests, and LOML's request are in several areas: signs and name plates, fret work, intarsia and toys for grandkids.

(Wow, It finally let me post.)
    Last edited by leehljp; 02-19-2016, 06:46 AM. Reason: (Surprised it let me post after several days.)
    Hank Lee
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted.

Welcome Hank. Scrolling is very addictive and it will draw you in so sit back and enjoy the ride.
    Scott
    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Welcome to the forum!
      Rolf
      RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
      Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
      Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
      And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Welcome! Hank Thanks for sharing you past and present experiences with us. I also own a DeWalt- lots of miles on it. Thanks for your persistence in posting. This forum at the present isn't the most friendly.
        Floyd
        ♥♥ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♥♥

Comment

Welcome, Hank! Please try to post photos of your work. I would like to see what 'Kanji patterns' look like. Some folks have problems with photos. I have been lucky and have not had any problems. I hope it will be easy for you to do, as a sort of compensation for the hard time you had making your first post!
          Jo Labre - in beautiful Racine, Wisconsin

Mostly, I don't know what I am doing - but I am doing it with GUSTO!

Comment

Welcome to the forum, Hank. There are friendly folks here.
            Denny
            ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Hank:
              You can ask questions any time on just about any topic and someone here will help you. We all share freely and learn from each other, so the only dumb questions are the ones I haven't asked yet.

Jim
              When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
              Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

Welcome "a-board" Hank, enjoy your new journey.
                Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

Hello!! NE Mississippi here!!!

Comment

Welcome Hank, thanks for jouning looking faward to seeing your work, We like pitchers. .and maybe you could show us some of the work you already did. I would like to Know what type of work it is that you did. See we are always leaning. .

Comment

Welcome from S.E. North Carolina, Hank. Lots of friendly folk here with a world of scrolling knowledge. Don't hesitate to ask questions and by all means, be sure to share photos of you work.

Comment

Welcome from Maryland. Photos we like photos.
                        Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Uh, Hank joined in 2016...

Karl
                          Karl in Sunny Southwest Florida

Comment

Welcome from Greece. Feel free to ask.
                            Nintsios Vasilios
                            GREECE

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                              Reply to Bruce’s new toys
                              by will8989
                              I forgot to mention the 5000 watt(?) generator his brother gave him. His brother does house remodeling and lots of times people give him “stuff” just to get rid of it. Bruce had to drain the gas, change the fuel lines and some other minor things for $35 and it starts on the first pull....
                              Today, 09:20 AM
                            • will8989
                              by will8989
                              This is his $40 haul. The paint bush was never used. He cleaned up the grinder. He added up all the attachments and brand new everything would be almost $800. This was their yearly tool swap. Every month members bring things they don’t need and swap smaller items. Even scrap wood. Anything 5”x5”...
                              Today, 09:06 AM
                            • Rolf
                              by Rolf
                              That is what our woodworking group does for the members if sadly needed....
                              Today, 08:49 AM
                            • Rolf
                              Reply to Hi All
                              by Rolf
                              Where are you located in England? I was at RAF Lakenheath back in the early 70's and bought my 70 TVR Vixen, which I still have. I absolutely loved my time there.!...
                              Today, 08:46 AM
                            • Kingpin
                              Reply to Hi All
                              by Kingpin
                              all for the warm welcome 😎
                              Today, 07:03 AM
                            Working...
                            X