Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lettering with computer true-type fonts

Re: Lettering with computer true-type fonts

I've used the expanded fonts from AutoCad, but that's haeck of an expensive lettering program!

I purchased an IntelliCad program that interfaces pretty flawlessly for around 30 bucks, but haven't had a chance to try the fonts there.

One of the other CAD programs may well have a good font source. Just a suggestion.

Al

Comment

Yvan, Take a look at W.F.(Bill) Judt website, he puts alot of lettering on his relief carvings and on one section he goes into an explanation on his lettering method, uses a computer to print out letters, then transfers them on to the piece, his site is www.wwwoodcarver.com Good luck with your project. Bill in NY

Comment

On his web site, look at the section on 'The Prodigal Son' he goes into 'Text Lettering' and carving on this piece. Good Luck and I hope this helps a little for you. Bill in NY

Comment

Ihave done two name plaques, I used Helenistic on one, and Tahoma on the other. I did it primitively. I printed out the name, used spray adhesive to apply it to the wood, then routed the letters out. I then finished it up with chisels for that hand crafted look. I liked the helenistic the best. Honestly though I dont know what 'computer-true type' means, so I hope I answered your question.
          I Cut It Six Times And It's Still Too Short!!!

Comment

Yvan,

I know I have the type of font you're looking for somewhere, I'll keep trying to find it.

In the meantime, why don't you check out www.xara.com. They have a trial version of XaraX that you can download. I tried it out and it is fantastic and easy to use. All you do is type you word(s) and then using the chamfering tool, you can drag off a chamfer as big as you want. You can also shape your text in an arc if you need to. It's really cool.

I've also done a similar thing in Adobe Illustrator but if you don't have it, XaraX is a cheap alternative.

I'll get back to you if and when I find a TT font.

Chris.
            Safety first

Comment

I get all the different fonts from my American Greeting Card program.Make them any size and print it out.I use it also to resize patterns to the size I need.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X