New Member, angelduster1998

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member, angelduster1998

Hello, I am new to this site. I have been doing scroll sawing off and on for about 4 years now. I had gotten out of it for about 2 years due to a divorce and all my things were kept from me. So, I had to start all over with getting all my tools. But as far as that, I think scroll sawing is relaxing and I really enjoy it immensely.
    Tonya

http://tgaspard.blogspot.com/

Welcome angel...I hope the srolling takes your mind off of the past two years for you and leads to better things.
    Check me out on the web:
    http://www.kerrysworld.com

Comment

Welcome aboard Angel, glad you found us. So what kind of saw do you own now and what type of scrolling do you like to do? I'm just kinda nosey like that, besides if I didn't ask someone else would!

Visit with us and post often!!
      Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

Originally posted by ozarkhillbilly
        Welcome aboard Angel, glad you found us. So what kind of saw do you own now and what type of scrolling do you like to do? I'm just kinda nosey like that, besides if I didn't ask someone else would!

Visit with us and post often!!
        You are right Bill, us hillbillies are nosey and I would have asked. hehe Welcome to the family Angel. Steve
        If This HillBilly Can't Fix it Then it Ain't Broke!!!
        My Gallery
        [email protected]

Comment

Well, the saw I have is one that I got off ebay. It isn't a name brand saw, but it well serves it's purpose. I have cut alot of things on it so far, and it hasn't let me down. So, I am happy with it. LOL. I do all kinds of things. Not sure if i can put the link in here for my photoalbum, but I will try, and you can view some of the things I have done so far, since I have gotten back into it. I am also learning how to make scroll saw patterns. Here is the link to my photoalbum...

http://angelduster1998.myphotoalbum.com/albums.php
          Tonya

Comment

Nice Album Angel, maybe you should post some photos in the gallery. Steve
            If This HillBilly Can't Fix it Then it Ain't Broke!!!
            My Gallery
            [email protected]

Comment

Welcome to our big happy scrolling family, man. I assume you're a man since you seem to have lost quite a bit from a divorce.

It seems like your no name brand saw appears to be doing a very nice job. Keep up the good work and continue sharing. Some of us are always looking for new ideas and you have some unique projects on your site.
              Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
              www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Comment

ty, mike, i am not a man,,,,my ex hubby decided to keep my stuff and only bring me what he thought i should have and that was all my angel collectibles and 1/4 of my clothes....and none of the pictures of my family..he even destroyed my baby pic of me...good thing i had an extra one...
                Tonya

Comment

Welcome to the fam Angel, looked at the photo's, nice work.

Sometimes life is hard and we are treated worse by those whom we have been closest to. But you are among good family here. Scroll more, it'll keep your mind busy on positive things that you and we all can enjoy.
                  Last edited by tcleckler; 03-25-2007, 08:26 PM.
                  Troy

Scrollin' with DeWalt DW788

Comment

I loved the Dragon shelf and the Gargoyle shelf. Were they from your own pattern?
                    Check me out on the web:
                    http://www.kerrysworld.com

Comment

Angel, I am really sorry for my post, and how you were treated. I really put my foot in my mouth this time. Life can only get better here on out. I wish you the best and scrolling can be a stress releaser.

Keep posting photos of your work because you do a nice job. Once again, my apologies.

BTW, what is your real name? You can go into your profile and make it your signature. Also, where do you reside?
                      Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
                      www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Comment

Originally posted by kerry_nf
                        I loved the Dragon shelf and the Gargoyle shelf. Were they from your own pattern?
                        I'll 2nd that! I like them both but I think the Dragon shelf is my favorite. Thanks for sharing! keep the saw dust flying and the pictures coming!!

OPEN WIDE MIKE!!!!!
                        Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

actually the dragon shelf is out of an OLD cwc magazine and the gargoyle shelf is out of a book that i have by dirk boelman....
                          Tonya

Comment

Welcome to the board Angelduster - and I'm another who really likes that dragon shelf and the gargoyles .... any chance of telling me what issue of CWC, that dragon shelf pattern was in?
                            Ian

Scrolling with a Dewalt 788

Comment

It is from the 1999 January issue, but the pattern can be ordered from woodenteddybearonline.com which is where I ordered my pattern due to not having that issue anymore since the divorce. just go to the site and type in dragon shelf which is actually the name of it lol.
                              Tonya

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• cwmagee
                                Reply to New PC keyboard has an error
                                by cwmagee
                                Jim,

Should you ever get bored, you may have found a new retirement/career "Key Board Repair Service"
                                Today, 03:36 PM
                              • Sandy Oaks
                                Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
                                by Sandy Oaks
                                So true about letting the blade do to cutting....
                                Today, 02:56 PM
                              • NC Scroller
                                Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
                                by NC Scroller
                                I have made a number of those Harvey puzzles. They are a lot of fun. You really need to be patient and let the blade cut. Even the slightest pressure can ruin your puzzle piece fit. My go to is a Pegas #3 MGT....
                                Today, 11:24 AM
                              • NC Scroller
                                Reply to Big week here
                                by NC Scroller
                                Congrats on your pending retirement and gaining a new daughter. I have been retired close to 6 years now and I have no idea where the time went. Yes retirement will mean some adjustment but I can tell you it is the best job I have ever had. By the way. If you think retirement means unlimited shop...
                                Today, 11:18 AM
                              • jim_mex
                                Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
                                by jim_mex
                                Thanks to all for the kind comments.

Norma and I are still growing into our 'new' home but are really happy that we got this work done and everyone who has seen the transformation have been wowed.

From my side I'm really pleased with how my kitchen extension idea worked out....
                                Today, 09:17 AM
                              Working...
                              X