New to the group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the group

I just signed up for the forum, and thought I would say HI to everyone. I'm a new scroller, and can't wait to get started. For now I'll wait until I get the book I just ordered so that I can learn how to do it the right way.

Hi and welcome Larry. say what book did you order. it is so fun. and satisfiying. do you have your saw yet. and what kind. how did you come to want to scroll? stay around. we love to help. and be helped. haha. Evie

Comment

Hey Larry,

Welcome aboard. That Evie, she's a nosey one. Just kidding of course. What part of the world do you reside? We've got members from all over the globe, which really makes it quite interesting. If you have any questions, and I mean any, don't be afraid to ask. There will always be someone that has a fairly intelligent answer. You can also do a search for different topics and be sure to check out "other great sites" under Scrolling Community, for links to reputable suppliers.
      Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
      www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Comment

Welcome to our family Larry, there is plenty of info here on the forum, as Mike said, do a search on different topics you might have questions about or just ask!
        Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

HI EVERYONE:
          Just got back on after setting up my saw. The wife bought me a Dremel 1800 today, and I can't wait to try it out. I live in SW Iowa, about 40 miles from Omaha, Neb., and just went into early retirement ( that's why she bought me a scroll saw, she said I need some kind of hobby before I drive her nuts ). Really I think I'll enjoy it because I do wood working, leaded stained glass, and other forms of art.
          After I get a little experience under my belt with the saw, I'm thinking of trying to make a wall clock with stained glass and scroll work together.
          The book that I bought is for beginning scrollers, I found it a Fox Chapel Publishing.
          I guess that's about it for now, I need to go and get something to eat. Will catch you next time around.

Comment

Welcome to the club Larry.
            kevin/pitbull.

Comment

Welcome

You have just about found the best hobby a person can have .Myself Live in Lincoln,Nebraska so not that far from you it sounds like. Also person here from Omaha and another from Central Nebraska, so a few around the area now
              Once again welcome and enjoy the site as well as your new hobby.Jerry

Comment

Welcome to the board, Larry.
                Ian

Scrolling with a Dewalt 788

Comment

Hi Larry, welcome to a great scrolling forum.

Bob
                  Delta P-20 & Q-3

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!

Comment

Hey Larry, like to welcome to the best group of people you'll ever converse with. And congrats on a choosing a great hobby. Like to see some of your stained glass work.
                    Troy

Scrollin' with DeWalt DW788

Comment

Welcome Larry. I look forward to seeing some pics from work off that Dremel.
                      Check me out on the web:
                      http://www.kerrysworld.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X