New/Old timer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New/Old timer

At the suggestion of Neal Moore, author of "Animal Portraits in Wood, I joined this group. What a dynamic community! In the early fifies, I was cutting out blade box formers at Piasecki Helicopters in Morton, PA used on the XHRJP-1, HUP and H-21 on a scrollsaw. I also made a lot of mock up parts for what became the CH-46, SeaKnight and CH-47 Chinook helicopters. Now retired, I have a ball making all sorts of items that I sell to decorative outlets and word of mouth sales. Until the arrival of my new HAWK 220 three weeks ago, I made all of my items on the two small, Delta scrollsaws. The HAWK is a magnificently designed and built machine. The tensioning system is such that you can mount and tweek the tension of the smallest scrollsaw blades. I look forward to meeting and writing other HAWK scrollsaw users.

Well imagine meeting you here! LOL,
    Welcome Jim, hope you find yourself at home here.

Take care
    Toni

Comment

Welcome Jim and fellow Hawker.

Earl

Comment

Not a Hawk user but welcome anyhow Jim ...
        Ian

Scrolling with a Dewalt 788

Comment

Hi Jim!

Welcome to the group! I wish we could buy Hawks, Excaliburs and DeWalts over here in the UK but at least we have the Diamond to keep the British end up. Even Delta are pulling out.
          "If you march your Winter Journeys you will have your reward, so long as all you want is a penguin's egg."

Saws: AWSF18, Meccano Mk II

Comment

Welcome to the group Jim

Bob
            Delta P-20 & Q-3

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!

Comment

Not a Hawk user either, DeWalt is my baby...Welcome Jim.
              Check me out on the web:
              http://www.kerrysworld.com

Comment

Welcome Jim. Can't afford a hawk but got myself a very nice Dewalt.
                Diane
                Dragon
                Owner of a nice 21" Excalibur
                Owner of a Dewalt 788
                PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

Welcome, Jim. I'm another DeWalt user. At least until I can save up enough cash to get a Hawk or Excalibur.

Comment

Thanks for the kind welcome! Buying a professional grade scrollsaw is worth every penny. The toughest process in selecting the saw is in getting one that fits your "personality" and work needs. For me it was the HAWK for its ruggedness and blade tensioning system. I'm capable of driving a truck, but not a sports car! FYI, In the three weeks I've had the saw, I've gotten orders that equals over a third of my HAWK purchase price........It doesn't matter the saw you have, only that you enjoy what you're doing!

Comment

Welcome to the best club around Jim.
                      kevin/pitbull.

Comment

Hi JIm...I see it didn't take long for you to join us!!! Thanks for the phone call. I enjoyed talking with you and I know you'll meet a lot of new friends here. Welcome aboard!!!!
                        If it don't fit, don't force it....get a bigger hammer!!

Comment

Welcome Jim,This is a great place for info and friends.
                          RED.
                          New owner of a Dewalt DW788

Comment

Welcome Jim and fellow Pennsylvanian! Good to have some more wisdom in the group. I'm from over around York.
                            Pop
                            Delta 16" 40-530
                            Ryobi 16" VS

"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember it was amateurs that built the ARK but Professionals that built the Titanic!"

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X