First Timer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Timer

First Timer to Message Boards, not to wood working. I've got a 23X27 workshop that I built just for woodworking.(of course it needs to be bigger) I've been working with wood for about 7 yrs now. I do a lot of lathe work, which I love, but scrolling is right up there with it. Started out with a Delta saw but soon found the saw that works perfect for me, the DeWalt. It is a much better saw & that can be seen by the results of my projects.

I really like challenging projects, which leads me to a question about the Marc Tovar Clock in the Spring 2007 Issue #26. Just wondering if anyone has completed this project, and if so, is there anything that needs to be adjusted from the patterns? (other than the noted updates to the plans that shows the drill hole sizes)

Well, thats a little about me. I'll post some pics of some of my projects later on. Looking forward to exchanging ideas, problems and solutions with you all.

Never stop learning, Never loose interest.
    Troy Cleckler
    Troy

Scrollin' with DeWalt DW788

Welcome Troy. Nice size workshop you have. Of course they are never large enough. Haven't tried the clock but someone else should be chiming in soon that has. Have you downloaded the update to the clock? Some parts were missing or rather didn't show up clearly on the original pattern.

Paul S.

Comment

Hi Troy and welcome to the forum.
      kevin/pitbull.

Comment

Hi Paul, I have downloaded the updates & it does clarify the drill size for which holes which the original patterns was not clear & also shows the brass tube size cut lengths that was left out of the original. I've allways wanted to build a grandfather clock & still plan to do it someday soon but when I seen this clock in this issue I became interested in it because of the open gears and all.
        Troy

Comment

Hi Troy and welcome to the group.

Bob
          Delta P-20 & Q-3

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!

Comment

Hi Troy and welcome to the board.

There's another thread on here regarding the clock http://www.scrollsawer.com/forum/pub...dback/9063.htm
            Ian

Scrolling with a Dewalt 788

Comment

Thanks PuzzledMoose, Glad I joined the board. Looks like I'm going to get a lot of good advice & ideas here. Went to the thread & it was helpful.
              Troy

Comment

Hey Troy, looking forward to seeing some of your stuff.
                Check me out on the web:
                http://www.kerrysworld.com

Comment

Hi Troy, and welcome to the group.Great place for info and friends.
                  RED.
                  New owner of a Dewalt DW788

Comment

Welcome Troy,
                    Looking forward to seeing your work.
                    My new shop is twice the size of the 12 X 12 spare room I'm working in now. But, When I hit the lottery......
                    Jim

The limits of the imagination are imaginary.
                    No task is too tedious for Art.
                    Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
                    Featherwood Woodcrafts

Comment

Welcome Troy and please do post pics.....even if they are turnings!

Sounds like a great shop you've got.....
                      ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
                        Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                        by Rolf
                        Back in the late 90's I bought a Incra 2000 Miter gauge. Incredibly precise. The problem was that it only adjusted in one direction, It rarely gets used. It locks in to half degrees. More recently I bought a Kreg fence which has a pin that precisely locates the frequently used angles.
                        That is...
                        Today, 08:15 AM
                      • Jimern
                        Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                        by Jimern
                        The crafters market here in Kerrville, TX is $25 per 10x10 spot per event. We sell 8 months out of the year, Jun/Jul is too hot, and Jan/Feb is too cold. No insurance requirement but we do have to show a sales tax permit and collect sales tax.

Personally I would never sell in a venue that...
                        Today, 06:29 AM
                      • will8989
                        Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                        by will8989
                        The one I do is under a pavilion on County Property, about 60 spaces. They run 4 “seasons”, spring 6 weeks, summer May - mid September, fall sept to Mid November, and holiday fare Mid November until end of year. Cost is $75 per season, per day as they are open Saturday and Sunday. If you are called...
                        Yesterday, 11:10 PM
                      • will8989
                        Reply to Farmers market
                        by will8989
                        Ours are run by the state Ag Dept. They have very strict rules as to masks and distancing. The Ag Dept does come and visit to make sure rules are being followed. We stand behind the table and use the tailgate for packaging. I have people place their credit card in the reader on my phone and remove...
                        Yesterday, 10:31 PM
                      • tgiro01
                        Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                        by tgiro01
                        Linda - Here is my gimmick for the Incra 1000SE on my SS CNS. I scratched a line 3/4-inch in from the blade end of the fence. I then use a ruler to set that line 1-inch from the side of a carbide tooth on the blade. Then I line the 1-inch mark on the fence ruler to the scratch line.

Now,...
                        Yesterday, 09:38 PM
                      Working...
                      X