Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New from Iowa

Hello;

I just joined the group. I have been scrolling for about 2 years. Have been real active in woodturrning the last year so not much scrolling.

Would like to get more active again. What I would like to do is make a scroll relief of the wonderful scenery in Utah. We are planning a 4WD trip in April and would like to show the scenery with a Jeep coming out beween the majestic columns. Any ideas on where to go with help on how to do this?

Thanks

Al

Welcome to the group, Al. Sorry but can't help with the idea
    Mike

Craftsman 16" VS, Puros Indios and Sam Adams!
    Scrollin' since Jun/2006

My Gallery

http://scrollcrafters.com (reciprocal links welcomed)

Comment

Welcome to the family Al. If you would happen to have some photos of what you are talking about I am sure that someone here would be able to help you. Steve
      If This HillBilly Can't Fix it Then it Ain't Broke!!!
      My Gallery
      [email protected]

Comment

Welcome Al. Sounds like you have quite a challenge. I've never been to Utah, but I've heard it's a bit more scenic than Iowa. What part of Iowa are you from? I'm only 63 miles from the border.
        Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
        www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Comment

Hi Al, welcome to a great forum.

Bob
          Delta P-20 & Q-3

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!

Comment

Welcome to the group Al
            Diane
            Dragon
            Owner of a nice 21" Excalibur
            Owner of a Dewalt 788
            PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

Hi Al and welcome to the club.
              kevin/pitbull.

Comment

Welcome to the forum. This is a great group and always willing to help you with most anything you have in mind. I live and grew up here in Utah, but unfoutunately I don't know a lot about southern Utah and the slick rock country. It's like a lot of things, outsiders know more of what is our backyards than the natives. I have been there a few times but mostly to Bryce Canyon and Zions Canyon which are both beautiful. The place with the most jeep trials is around the Moab area and I know that you can find all kinds of places there for the kind of photos you are looking for. I am looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
                Bill

I have an RBI Hawk 220-3 VS

Visit my Gallery
                and website www.billswoodntreasures.com

Comment

Originally posted by DukeNukem
                  Welcome to the club I just joined myself, it you take alot of pics w/digital camera there are sits with free downloads www.serif.com has programs for doing what you're looking for.DukeNukem
                  He who says scrolling with a spiral blade is not really scrolling,never tried one of JZ's patterns
                  Don't worry be scrolling

Comment

Thanks for making me feel welcome. Will try to answer some of the questions.

I am from Ames, Iowa.

I don't have any pictures now so will probably either search some internet sites or wait until I get there. It probably makes sense to repost once I get a picture in mind.

Thanks

Al

Comment

Welcome Al.

A Utah scene sounds like a great idea for a scrollsaw pattern - it could look pretty impressive with one of those rock arches behind a 4WD - or the hoodoos that you mentioned - I've got quite a few pics of Utah scenery here but none with a 4WD unfortunately.

I'm sure you'll have a great time down there though - that scenery is awesome.
                      Ian

Scrolling with a Dewalt 788

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X