Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full size golden retriever scroll pattern

Howdy ya all:

Got started in Scroll sawing thanks to my wife who said after looking in a pattern book - why don't you try and cut out that? I had a small jig saw and almost stopped there but then went to a local hardware store and got a Delta unit and have since graduated to a DeWalt unit - I just finished one of Jeff's smaller version of the cougar and am waiting for more 1/8" wood to do the big one - now that I've gotten that far, would like to find a full size, if there is one out there, a golden Retriever pattern, Why? I have 3 of them at home - Pickles, Giggles and Mollie - would appreciate any help anyone can provide for such a pattern - have seen head shots but would like the full size animal [pattern, of course]. You all have a super day.

Warm regards

Tetermax [R K McDonald]

R K, I do not have a pattern for you but welcome to the family. You found the best group of scrollers and just good people around. Hope you stop in often. Steve
    Last edited by Steviegwood; 02-07-2007, 06:40 PM.
    If This HillBilly Can't Fix it Then it Ain't Broke!!!
    My Gallery
    [email protected]

Comment

Hi Tetermax
      Welcome to our great group. I'm sure there are patterns out there for retrievers. I am into dragons but I'm sure someone else knows.
      Diane
      Dragon
      Owner of a nice 21" Excalibur
      Owner of a Dewalt 788
      PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

Hi Tetermax,
        I will keep my eyes out for a pattern for you. I had one of those smart beautiful dogs until a short time ago. She started getting seizures which got progressively worse & more frequent & she would be blind for a while afterwords & we made the decision to end her suffering. But oh what a dog when she was healthy!

Comment

if your up for intarsia, go here..... http://www.kathywise.com/intarsiadogspg2.html numbers 102 and 103 and http://www.kathywise.com/intarsiapuppiespg1.html number 210 and 229 . as for fretwork, im not sure Ive seen any. Dale
          Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Welcome to the group! I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

If you send me a pic of one of your dogs, maybe I can make it into a pattern for you. My brother has a plotter and printing the pattern would be a cinch.
            Mia

We are the music makers.
            We are the dreamers of dreams.

Easy scrollin' with a DW788

Comment

Just curious as to what you consider a full size pattern to be. A golden can get up to 100 lbs or more and that's a pretty big dog...so is full size a 24"x36" dog?
              That sure would be ambitious!
              Jeff Powell

Comment

Welcome Tetermax. I can add a golden retriever named Summer to your group. My brother owns her and are you ready for this, sent me pictures of her swimming with a doggie life jacket on her and two long ropes so a person on each side of the pool could hold onto her. Now I thought all dogs knew how to swim, especially retrievers? Anyway, you'll find we're a mixed bunch in here!

Betty
                Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Originally posted by workin for wood
                  Just curious as to what you consider a full size pattern to be. A golden can get up to 100 lbs or more and that's a pretty big dog...so is full size a 24"x36" dog?
                  That sure would be ambitious!
                  Good Morning Jeff:

It would be something that could fit on say a 11x14" piece of paper - I'm about to do that size now with the cougar - appreciate any help - thanks for the reply.

Ron

Comment

Originally posted by miamw
                    Welcome to the group! I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

If you send me a pic of one of your dogs, maybe I can make it into a pattern for you. My brother has a plotter and printing the pattern would be a cinch.
                    Hi Mia:

Would be happy to - I'm getting ready to do a cougar on a 11x14 piece of paper - 4 layers of 1/8" thick so that would be wonderful and let me know costs etc - have a super day.

Ron

Comment

Hi Ron, Welcome to a great scrolling forum.
                      I also like Golden Retrievers, We have one named Barney, he is a little over 10 years old.
                      I never see good patterns of them.

Bob
                      Delta P-20 & Q-3

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!

Comment

I have a Golden Retriever intarsia pattern.
                        Janette
                        www.square-designs.com

Comment

Change of size for Scroll pattern

Hi again:

When I said "full size", I meant more than just the head, e.i... head, body, tail legs etc on maybe a 11x14 give or take pattern - sorry for the confusion and thanks for the warm welcome - what a message board this turned out to be - will be chatting with you all later.

Warm regards

Ron McDonald
                          Riverton, WY

Comment

Hi Ron and welcome to the club.
                            kevin/pitbull.

Comment

yes, send it to Mia...so nice of her to offer and nice to see her picture too.
                              Jeff Powell

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X