Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• utbva
    replied
    You are right, infact there used to be peach orchards where my house is now.

Leave a comment:

• chrispuzzle
    replied
    Originally posted by utbva
    Welcome Druid, I see you are also a cyclist. What type of bikes do you have. I have a mountain bike and a road bike. Both of them are Trek bikes.

BTW Chris, I live in a desert so I don't have many trees in my back yard.
    Someone must have cut them all down before you got there

Chris

Leave a comment:

• utbva
    replied
    Welcome Druid, I see you are also a cyclist. What type of bikes do you have. I have a mountain bike and a road bike. Both of them are Trek bikes.

BTW Chris, I live in a desert so I don't have many trees in my back yard.

Leave a comment:

• chrispuzzle
    replied
    Hi John and welcome!

These American scrollers don't realise how lucky they are when it comes to scrimping wood. Half of 'em have their own sustainable forest in their backyard!

Chris

Leave a comment:

• Randy Huckeby
    replied
    Welcome Druid,
    Harley bagger & yamaha midnight venture.

Leave a comment:

• uk scroller
    replied
    Hello John,
    Wellcome aboard, another motorcyclist hey! sorry Rolf it's a k1200 lt bmw and another scrimper ,
    i'm a fully sighed up "skip rat" and try to "recycle" other peoples (wooden) junk, pluss- i also have a Hobies "A" treadle fretsaw,
    ----------Frank------------

Leave a comment:

• Mackem
    replied
    Welcome to the club John, can't beat a good wood scrimper

Leave a comment:

• Sawduster
    replied
    Welcome to the group John
    ...enjoy !

Leave a comment:

• Steviegwood
    replied
    Welcome to the family John. Steve

Leave a comment:

• stevebuk
    replied
    hi john and welcome, always nice to see more brits moving in, although we have a very happy family here..

Leave a comment:

• Rolf
    replied
    Druid,
    I am not actually riding the triumph yet it is still in boxes. But the 70 TVR is fully restored.

Leave a comment:

• kerry_nf
    replied
    Thank you John...very nice of you to say.

Don't forget to sign my guestbook to let me know you stopped by. I love to know who is visiting.

Kerry

Leave a comment:

• druid
    replied
    Originally posted by CanadianScroller
    I am Glad Gill invited you It is always nice to see new faces.
    Lol, You may change your mind after reading my posts!
    A collection of Hobbies plans, now I am jealous!
    I have always had an addiction to stuff from the old Hobbies company, I don't know the real reason, it may be because they were an old established British company in a more gentle age, it might be because my Grandfather and Dad were Customers of Hobbies but also it could be because I am in awe of those people at Hobbies Ltd who before we had computer aided design would churn out those amazing plans week after week!
    I hope you find this a comfortable place to be and as Gill said the humour and knowledge around here is never ending.
    TBH for some reason I already feel at home which is unusual because in many forums one does feel a little like an alien for some time.

Leave a comment:

• Andy
    replied
    Welcome John! It sounds like you've got a lot to contribute to this group! Glad to have you "on board" (no pun intended) and I look forward to learning from you.

Andy

Leave a comment:

• druid
    replied
    Originally posted by ozarkhillbilly
    Welcome aboard John! Glad you found us and joined. Hope you visit often. Sounds like you'll fit right in! We love pictures to, so if you have any you can share, please do so. I for one would love to see some of your toys.
    Thanks.

Afraid I am a scrimper, to be honest I am quite proud to be one in this age of saving the planet, almost everything I make is made from recycled materials, I make a lot of stuff like small furniture from scrap softwood, there is scroll saw content in that I use the saw to cut the box combs on the Drawers etc plus all the curved parts etc.

I do make some real Fretwork items but not that often as my wife an daughters always want me to make them tables and cabinets etc!

I have got some images of my stuff but don't know where to upload them to.

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Jim McDonald
    Reply to They’re back!
    by Jim McDonald
    Just saw some video from the show. Quite a bit of precision flying--as usual.
    Today, 12:03 PM
  • meflick
    Reply to They’re back!
    by meflick
    We will have an air show again this year in Knoxville Sept. 10-11 and the Blue Angels are suppose to be here performing, They were here a few years back. We live close to the airport so they flew over are home practicing the few days before the show, and then the show it’s self. Quite a sight for...
    05-26-2022, 05:17 PM
  • Sandy Oaks
    Reply to They’re back!
    by Sandy Oaks
    Oh what a treat. Years ago we went to Air Shows in Oshkosh, WI. Greatest memory was the Concorde.
    05-26-2022, 11:04 AM
  • Rolf
    Reply to They’re back!
    by Rolf
    WOW. I love the air shows....
    05-26-2022, 09:33 AM
  • will8989
    Reply to They’re back!
    by will8989
    Not quite. The idiots in Maryland are keeping the kids in school until June 21. A lot of schools don’t have a/c so they will send them home early. The blue angels are here every year for graduation. In September there is something at the inner harbor and the Blue Angels, Thunderbirds and another group...
    05-26-2022, 12:52 AM
Working...
X