Another Central NYer Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Central NYer Here

Brief intro here folks. Been "kinda scrolling" for 20 plus yrs. Got a little more serious just in the past 2 or 3. I've sold at craft shows, but mainly scroll for the relaxation. I love the way the rest of the world just disappears when I sit down at my lil Delta 16" VS (soon to be retired in favor of a 788). I'm fortunate that I go to the shop in the middle of the night if I choose. I rent a space in an old fertilizer factory! Cozy, warm and well lit...essentials here in central NY in the freezing months.

I am in hopes to glean some fresh ideas from the folks here...as well as add a few.

John

Welcome to the family John. There are sharp blades here and I am sure that you can hone a couple with your experience. Steve
    If This HillBilly Can't Fix it Then it Ain't Broke!!!
    My Gallery
    [email protected]

Comment

Welcome to the club John.
      kevin/pitbull.

Comment

Welcome to the group John.
        Diane
        Dragon
        Owner of a nice 21" Excalibur
        Owner of a Dewalt 788
        PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

Hi John, welcome to the group.

Bob
          Delta P-20 & Q-3

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!

Comment

Hello John, Welcome to the Group
            Charlie
            "Everything Happens for a Reason"
            Craftsman 18in. 21609

http://wolfmooncreations.weebly.com

Comment

Hey John and welcome from cold North Carolina (At least cold by our terms) You are in the right place if you love to scroll.
              Scott
              Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                Reply to Having a Betty week UPDATED: See post 13
                by will8989
                Glad to hear that. Slow and steady.
                Yesterday, 09:54 PM
              • Linda In Phoenix
                Reply to The new Circular Scroll Saw Designs book form Fox Chapel
                by Linda In Phoenix
                Some of the older books were that way too. It's unfortunate that the printers don't take into account what those pages are for! So sorry to hear of your disappointment. However, I will have to check out that book---I didn't even know there was a circular scroll saw designs book. Share some of...
                Yesterday, 09:12 PM
              • Tom in Ashland
                The new Circular Scroll Saw Designs book form Fox Chapel
                by Tom in Ashland
                Many patters in it I like and I'm sure I will make several BUT Fox Chapel's printing of this book absolutely SUCKS. Most of the patterns are printed so near into the binding that it is impossible to either scan to .PDF or use a copy machine. I will have to cut out each pattern separately or cut off...
                Yesterday, 08:08 PM
              • keystonecop
                Reply to Tough Decisions
                by keystonecop
                Great Question.. I have all the past issues.. I doubt that I find one pattern a year that is worth the subscription cost. I have cut for the magazine and made a few buck that covers my costs,, But I owe that to Bob Duncan.. I think the new admins try but are not involved in this group like bob was.....
                Yesterday, 06:14 PM
              • KarlB
                Reply to Tough Decisions
                by KarlB
                " It rips my heart out when I go to estate sales and see my future."

I am sure you know how important and relevant that comment is Rolf! I have seen a number of scroll sawn projects over the years at garage sales, thrift stores, etc. I know whoever made them put in a lot of...
                Yesterday, 04:02 PM
              Working...
              X