Clear All

• PuzzledMoose
    replied
    Welcome to the board, Jim.

Leave a comment:

• Rolf
    replied
    Welcome Jim,

This is the most active forum around. It abounds with lots of knowledge and pure talent.
    Where in central NY are you?

Leave a comment:

• Sawduster
    replied
    Welcome to the group Jim
    ...enjoy !

Leave a comment:

• ozarkhillbilly
    replied
    Welcome aboard Jim, glad you decided to join! Lots of information and ideas are shared here, along with a laugh or two.

Leave a comment:

• NC Scroller
    replied
    Hey Jim and welcome. It is really nice to talk with folks who share the same interests. There is really a great group of folks that contribute to this site. We all learn and grow together. Please make sure to share your work. We always enjoy seeing the work of our friends.

Leave a comment:

• Greenfield_Bob
    replied
    Hi Jim welcome to a great scrolling forum.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• Rivari
    replied
    Howdy Jim, welcome to the forum. You'll find a few other New Yorkers on the boards here, I'm from Plattsburgh originally with alot of family on and around St. Regis.

Look forward to seeing some of your work.
    Last edited by Rivari; 01-13-2007, 06:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• minowevie
    replied
    HI Jim. welcome. glad you are here. hope to get to know you better. Evie

Leave a comment:

• Mackem
    replied
    welcome again to you jim

Leave a comment:

• MikeDingas
    replied
    Welcome, Jim. Scrolling takes lots of wood and practice. Stick with it and you'll be hooked for ever!

Leave a comment:

• Dragon
    replied
    Welcome to the best place for scrolling Jim
    Diane

Leave a comment:

• Steviegwood
    replied
    Welcome to the family Jim. Steve

Leave a comment:

• luckyhook
    started a topic Hi from Central New York

Hi from Central New York

Hi everyone, I'm a retired auto worker and have been doing wood working as a hobby all my life. I recently purchased a Dewalt scroll saw and have been having a lot of fun making gifts and crafts for the home. I subscribed to Scrollsaw a year ago and have tried many of the projects. I am still learning a lot about scrolling but everyday my skills are better from trying out new projects.

I look forward to browsing this site everyday.

Jim

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• John Smith
    Reply to Hello from Central Florida
    by John Smith
    Thanks guys, I have a lot of HDU left over from my sign business in various thicknesses.
    HDU doesn't "fuse" or repair itself under heat or friction. Only acrylics and some PVC materials do that. Depending on what part of the world you are in, you would have to google HDU Distributors...
    Today, 10:01 AM
  • Jim McDonald
    Reply to Phone call from son.
    by Jim McDonald
    My kids always call me since I am the one who probably did the stuff they are calling about.

I know it's scary to get that call, but I'm glad to hear the charge exited where it did before it went any further.

Probably hurts like hell and he has a copper taste in his mouth...
    Today, 09:52 AM
  • Sandy Oaks
    by Sandy Oaks
    Welcome to the forum from TN. As a Pegas Distributor, Pegas has the Super Skip blades which works perfectly with acrylics at a reduced speed.
    Today, 09:40 AM
  • Rolf
    by Rolf
    Welcome to the group. I look forward to seeing more of your work. You will probably need to slow down you scroll saw when cutting the urethane on the scroll saw. If the blade gets to hot it will fuse back together.
    I have used the house trim board material which I think is PVC. Where do you purchase...
    Today, 09:22 AM
  • John Smith
    by John Smith
    thanks for the kind words - I'm not really a scroller "enthusiast", per se. I like to make dimensional signs and have always used the band saw, routers, or Roto-Zip to cut the elements out then do some handcarving to perk them up a bit. I'll put some of my projects in my folder later on....
    Today, 08:15 AM
Working...
X