nut cracker and eagle fret work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nut cracker and eagle fret work

New to message board but long time scroller well started in 98 .
    I am 64 and have COPD so work out side home is out,however scroll sawing keeps me in the circle of things around town.
    Live in Lincoln,Nebraska so make a few HUSKER things that i ll show at a later date.
    I am using a delat P-20 saw and most of my fret work is done with a 2.0 blade. I have learned to do compound cuts and i do cut things from paper,which i either give away or sell.
    As for the shop i know where everything is but it is nightmare gone crazy.To much scrolling and not enough time for cleaning.Pluss on top of that i have a compant here that gives me 3/8" and 5/8" birch plywood marine board ( no holes) 11 ply and 9 ply .So by having that it keeps the cost down and that I think is the name of the game

Well little sharper thana bowling ball but still learning
    Jerry
    [email protected]
    Attached Files

Nice work, Jerry. that nutcracker is unusual.
    Ian

Scrolling with a Dewalt 788

Comment

you may find it under bragging page sorry

Comment

Welcome. For someone just starting, you seem to have a good touch with the saw.
        Mike

Craftsman 16" VS, Puros Indios and Sam Adams!
        Scrollin' since Jun/2006

My Gallery

http://scrollcrafters.com (reciprocal links welcomed)

Comment

nice work jerry and welcome.
          kevin/pitbull.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
            Reply to My beauties
            by will8989
            He puts biscuts between the long pieces, is that what you meant? He has stainless screws in the lips then puts the plugs on top of that. Scott, cutting one doesn’t take long. It’s the removing of the tiny drill hole, spraying each piece with distilled water, letting dry, sanding and sometimes flap...
            Yesterday, 10:55 AM
          • Rolf
            Reply to Cutting guide for straight cut on a scroolsaw
            by Rolf
            Like Bob said clamp a straight edge to the table and adjust it to compensate for the blade drift. There are some blades that have no or very little drift. Like the Olson PGT series it also seems to me that the Pegas MGT 3 or larger cut very straight....
            Yesterday, 07:54 AM
          • Rolf
            Reply to My beauties
            by Rolf
            I now you do beautiful work but I have to say your attention to details on these baskets is impressive. soft smooth edges, no visible glue squeeze out. And of course the cutting boards are beautiful. I am guessing that Bruce cut a spline in the end of the board and then dowels. I have not seen that...
            Yesterday, 07:49 AM
          • NC Scroller
            Reply to My beauties
            by NC Scroller
            You are one busy lady. About how long does it take to cut one?
            Yesterday, 05:51 AM
          • NC Scroller
            Reply to Hegner Multimax-18 for sale Tucson
            by NC Scroller
            Good luck.
            Yesterday, 05:47 AM
          Working...
          X