scott51

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scott51

Hello, I am new here. I am going to be getting a scroll saw in the spring. I don't have any experience with them and will be teaching myself.

Welcome Scott
    You have just landed on the best board there is for scrolling. Do a lot of reading and ask questions.
    Diane
    Dragon
    Owner of a nice 21" Excalibur
    Owner of a Dewalt 788
    PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

Welcome aboard Scott. You need lessons! You've found the right spot. You can find anything and everything you'll need to know to have that saw hummin in no time. As Diane said, ask alot of questions, and remember none of them are silly, we've all probably ask the same one at sometime or other.
      Marsha
      LIFE'S SHORT, USE IT WELL

Comment

Welcome to the family Scott. Glad to have you on board. Take a look around some of the galleries and attachments of some of the posts. Don't be shy about asking questions. There are some real experts on here that can answer about anything. Heck, somebody might even answer correctly.haha Steve
        If This HillBilly Can't Fix it Then it Ain't Broke!!!
        My Gallery
        [email protected]

Comment

Welcome Scott. We were all first timers once. Just remember the only dumb question is the one that goes unasked. I have a suggestion for you. Go update your profile to indicate the state or country you live. You will see posting from all over the world and there maybe be fellow scrollers in you own home town.

Enjoy making saw dust.....Scott
          Scott
          Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Welcome to the group, Scott
            ...enjoy !
            ...~Robert~
            DW788 and Hawk 226

" Please let me grow to be the man my dog thinks I am "

Comment

welcome to the group Scott,

this is the best bunch of people I have ever met and they are always willing to share their knowledge with others and help everyone , I know they taught me so much and I greatly appreciate all their help, dont think I could have dont it without them :-)
              Charlie
              "Everything Happens for a Reason"
              Craftsman 18in. 21609

http://wolfmooncreations.weebly.com

Comment

welcome scott, you'll love it here.
                kevin/pitbull.

Comment

Welcome to the board. There's a wealth of experience here at your fingertips. I would, however, invest in some good scrollsaw related books to get off on the right foot.
                  Mike

Craftsman 16" VS, Puros Indios and Sam Adams!
                  Scrollin' since Jun/2006

My Gallery

http://scrollcrafters.com (reciprocal links welcomed)

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                    Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                    by will8989
                    The one I do is under a pavilion on County Property, about 60 spaces. They run 4 “seasons”, spring 6 weeks, summer May - mid September, fall sept to Mid November, and holiday fare Mid November until end of year. Cost is $75 per season, per day as they are open Saturday and Sunday. If you are called...
                    Yesterday, 11:10 PM
                  • will8989
                    Reply to Farmers market
                    by will8989
                    Ours are run by the state Ag Dept. They have very strict rules as to masks and distancing. The Ag Dept does come and visit to make sure rules are being followed. We stand behind the table and use the tailgate for packaging. I have people place their credit card in the reader on my phone and remove...
                    Yesterday, 10:31 PM
                  • tgiro01
                    Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                    by tgiro01
                    Linda - Here is my gimmick for the Incra 1000SE on my SS CNS. I scratched a line 3/4-inch in from the blade end of the fence. I then use a ruler to set that line 1-inch from the side of a carbide tooth on the blade. Then I line the 1-inch mark on the fence ruler to the scratch line.

Now,...
                    Yesterday, 09:38 PM
                  • Linda In Phoenix
                    Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                    by Linda In Phoenix
                    It was a tough choice on the miter gauges---based on recommendations here. I researched the Kreg and the Incra. They were pretty much tied. I let fate decide it. Went into my nearest 2 hardwood stores. #1 sold Kreg, but they were out of stock and didn't know when an order would come in that...
                    Yesterday, 06:47 PM
                  • Linda In Phoenix
                    Reply to Plastic puzzle
                    by Linda In Phoenix
                    Nice puzzle. Go for the gusto---scroll it next time!! Several of the quality brands of blades make blades just for acrylics. With a sharp blade and the right speed it's all good.
                    Yesterday, 06:38 PM
                  Working...
                  X