Hi from Chertsey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from Chertsey

Hi to all from Chertsey, Quebec. I am new to scrolling. Have paid for my subscription to Scrollsaw for 2 years and can't wait to see what new patterns I can find in there.
    I will have many questions because there are no scrollers that I know of in my area. Have never seen anyone operate a scroll saw even. Been using mine for a few months and I am really enjoying it so far. Took me months to finally know how to adjust it...LOL
    Diane
    Dragon
    Owner of a nice 21" Excalibur
    Owner of a Dewalt 788
    PuffityDragon on AFSP

Hi Diane, Allow me to welcome you to our family. If you have questions just fire away. One of us might even be able to answer correctly. Welcome, Steve
    If This HillBilly Can't Fix it Then it Ain't Broke!!!
    My Gallery
    [email protected]

Comment

hello diane and welcome to the forum.
      Attached Files
      kevin/pitbull.

Comment

Bonjour Diane,
        Hi Diane,

Bienvenue dans un endroit plein de gens qui voudront bien gentiment t'aider en partageant leurs connaissances.
        Welcome to a place full of people that will want to help you by gently sharing their knowledge with you.I sincerely believe that you will find it enjoyable. We like to laugh, laugh at ourselves a little, speak about different things, all that in a respectfull climate.Have fun, don't hesitate to ask lots of questions (the question that is stupid, is the one not asked)

La philosophie du group c'est un peu que nous on conserve notre savoir en le partageant.
        The group's philosophy is somewhat that we keep our knowledge by sharing it

Les nouveaux trouvent tous beaucoup d'aide ici.
        Newbies find lot's of help here

Et finalement deux choses
        And finally two things1) preciously keep the first piece you scrolled (in French it's called a , in case you didn't know)2) we like to see pictures of your work. It lets us, not judge you, but see your evolution and to enable us to give you advice that will let you get better with time.Once again, I welcome you in our little corner of the net, I hope you will have fun with us, and we are now 3 from the Montreal region (you, Eric and me)

Au plaisir,
        Marcel
        Regards,
        Marcel

PS: Diane, 90 Min from Montral is still a hec of a lot closer than most people on this forum, so I consider it in my neck of the woods.

Edited: Translated as requested.
        Last edited by Marcel in Longueuil; 12-19-2006, 09:35 AM.
        http://marleb.com
        DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Thank you all for the nice welcome.

Salut Marcel
          Je ne suis pas exactement a Montreal mais bien 90 minutes au nord. Merci pour les conseils.

Diane
          Dragon
          Owner of a Dewalt 788
          PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

Welcome, Diane - and I understood every word of your French. Marcel I got about 50% of your message and now my brain hurts ..lol Are we going to get a translation?
            Ian

Scrolling with a Dewalt 788

Comment

Welcome, Diane. I hope you realize what an adictive pasttime you have adopted. this forum has lots of members with lots of answers. Tap into it at will.
              Mike

Craftsman 16" VS, Puros Indios and Sam Adams!
              Scrollin' since Jun/2006

My Gallery

http://scrollcrafters.com (reciprocal links welcomed)

Comment

ummm me no habla marcels post, but welcome to SSWC!!! Dale
                Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
                  Jean De La Bruyere...

l
                  Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Comment

Thank you for your welcome. I did take a spanish class and although it might take me a while I will take the time to find out what was said.
                    Diane
                    Dragon
                    Owner of a Dewalt 788
                    PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

All kidding aside, WELCOME
                      Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
                      Jean De La Bruyere...

l
                      Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Comment

Took me a while to realize that you translated Marcel's posting into spanish.
                        It will give me practice. Thanks.
                        Dragon
                        Owner of a Dewalt 788
                        PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

Welcome to the forum eh!
                          Here on the Wet Coast we don't speak much French or Spanish.
                          We do drink lots of coffee, eat smoked salmon and BBQ year round...not always due to the nice weather, sometimes due to power outages.

I won't try to translate anything to any other language because I don't know any other language, except scrolling.

So keep your blades sharp, tension high, feed slow, turn sharp and clean up the sawdust once you are done.
                          Oh and while you are out can you get me a Timmies and a dozen TimBits!
                          CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
                          "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
                          Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Translation appreciated, Marcel ..:-) It's a long time since I learned French at school though I must admit I still understand quite a lot of it - written at least - and a year here with bi-lingual labels on everything has brought a lot back ..lol

Understanding spoken French is another matter - especially French Canadian French ...
                            Ian

Scrolling with a Dewalt 788

Comment

Welcome to the group Diane
                              ...~Robert~
                              DW788 and Hawk 226

" Please let me grow to be the man my dog thinks I am "

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X