This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where Do You Live?

We used to have a link to an interactive map function, where members could share what part of the world they live in.

As the years went by, the application no longer worked, so I thought we could reboot the thread.

Basically, this is just an opportunity for forum members, old and new, to share where they are from, and if inspired, maybe tell us a little about it.

No addresses, please......maybe just a general location.

As always, pics are always welcome!!!!

Last edited by Scrolling Days; 04-26-2013, 11:37 AM.
    Shawn Ferguson

Come visit at The Ferguson Puzzle Company !

The link you posted took me to the old thread. I finally found the link to frapper but it does not load. Sorry.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Sorry, Mike.....I posted that link just so people could reference the old thread. The frapper thing no longer works, which is why I'm rebooting the thread.

I'll take the link out of my opening post so nobody else gets confused.

Shawn Ferguson

Comment

Somerset, KY! I was living in Phoenix, AZ about 16 years ago and met a girl on the internet. Funny how things happen

Comment

Panama City Florida
          If someone has great passion for what they do, it is not considered work

Jeff Robinson
          Panama City Fl.
          Cutting with EX-21

Comment

Here is a bit more information than you asked for.
            I have been in Bellport for 33 years. Fell in love with the place as soon as I saw the bay as I had a Hobie cat back then, we have a fairly steady SW wind all summer so it is heaven for sailors. Rented for 16 years then bought my current house that I have been rebuilding ever since. We live about 3/4 mile from the bay and about 2.5 m across the bay to the ocean.
            Visiting Bellport-Bellport.com
            Click on residents and you get a feel for why I love this place.
            Sometimes when it is cold enough the bay freezes over and the Ice Scooters(unique to Bellport) and ice boats get to play. And my humble abode work in progress, 5 windows, 2 rooms and a bathroom to go. Did the landscaping last year.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Rolf; 04-26-2013, 12:56 PM.
            Rolf
            RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
            Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
            Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
            And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Erlanger northern KY

Comment

Jeff
                I was stationed at the Panama City AFB from 1969-1972 . I lived near the paper mill
                Rolf
                RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Port Charlotte, Florida.

Jan

Comment

Farmington New Mexico. Its in the high desert area of New Mexico. It's also in the four corners. The only place in the United States where 4 states touch. I have Colorado, Arizona, and Utah all about 30 minutes away from my front door.
                    Last edited by bcdennis; 04-26-2013, 04:01 PM. Reason: bad spelling.
                    Brian in the Four Corners

Comment

Born in Queens (NYC); grew up on LI (Brentwood, NY). [20 miles from Rolf]
                      College in Atlanta (Ga Tech, EE74).
                      Since college we have lived in Brooklyn, NY; NW-NJ, Richmond VA and Baltimore MD.
                      Now back in Richmond area, and retired just recently. [2 hrs to beach, 2 hrs to Washington, 2 hrs to the mountains.]
                      Steve in Richmond, VA with a DW-788

Comment

Clearwater, FL, for many years - via successful removal and transplant from St Louis, Chicago, Milwaukee, and a dozen small towns between.

Comment

Muskegon. Michigan. It is on the west side of the state on the east side of Lake Michigan.
                          Stoney aka Al

This gettin old stuff ain't for sissies!

Comment

Rolf, your house looks beautiful!

I, too, live by the water (albeit a smaller body of water than the ocean). I'm in Western NY, near the Lower Niagara River, and where it empties into Lake Ontario.

I've attached a few pics, and everything there is within walking distance of where I hang my hat.

While the Upper Niagara River (above the falls) is wider and faster, the lower Niagara, in my opinion, is much more beautiful, in that it is more of a calm, lazy river, at least where I am.

Speaking of the Falls....I've attached a pic of the American Falls as well. That's about a 15 minute drive for me.

Although WNY gets a bad rep for the snow, it's not really bad where I am, and the seasons are gorgeous, especially the spring and fall. I've attached pics of my backyard during those two times of the year (I designed and built that fort in the backyard, and it's still standing! LOL)

And one of my favorite jewels of WNY (well....maybe not this year)....is my Sabres

Attached Files
                            Shawn Ferguson

Comment

Here is my little piece of heaven in Hamilton Montana. South western Montana at the base of the Bitterroot Mountains in a valley that has the Sapphire mountain range to the east of us.
                              The view from my patio...as the patio was being completed.
                              3rd pic is my little hideaway all completed.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by wood-n-things; 04-26-2013, 07:03 PM.
                              "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
                              Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X