New to scroll sawing from NY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to scroll sawing from NY

Hello I am very new to thjs form of sawing wood and am looking forward to learning this method. I have an oppertunity to purchase a scroll saw from a friend and know nothing about scroll sawing. I will post again once I have it at home and am ready to experiment./ If anyone has a simple project to lend me to practice I would appreciate it greatly. Thank you so much and I am looking forward to communicating with the users of this forum.

wolff8u2,

I am new as well. Throughly enjoying it. The more I scroll, the better it gets. I found a few patterns at:

http://www.rbiwoodtools.com/freepatterns.html

Enjoy the hobby and ask away.

Steve - Toledo
    RBI Hawk 220VS FD Blades

Comment

Yes I found that also I saved a couple of them to my puter and am looking forward to making a few of my own once I learn how to work the saw. Thank you for your help and I am looking forward to conversing in our quest.

Comment

Where abouts in NY are you from? I am down here in the southern tier area.
        corning area
        Newfield, New York Scroller
        Dewalt 788 & Dremel 1800
        http://www.CraftyNYScrolling.com

Comment

Wolf8u2,

There is a great scrollsawing club on Long Island. We are always looking for new addicts to a great hobby.
          Rolf
          RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
          Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
          Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
          And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

I spent 14 years near Newburg, NY while I was in the service and for a while after. I have found a lot of people who think the whole state is like the City. I am quick to point out different. One of my daughters was born at West Point.
            Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
            Jean De La Bruyere...

l
            Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Comment

welcome to the forum wolff8u2 from a recent newcomer.
              kevin/pitbull.

Comment

Welcome to the forum...I have a dark secret I am a native New Yorker (Plattsburgh) as well. I never paid much attention to how many NYers were here until now. Once again welcome aboard.
                Todd

Hawk G4, Dremel 1800

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Wow this is cool, I am from the Finger Lakes area. Beautiful country around here and very different from the city. I have never been there myself and don't know if I want to.

Comment

how far from corning NY are you?
                    Dewalt 788 & Dremel 1800

Comment

I believe about an hour maybee an hour and a half. I am 45 min from watkins glen. Near Geneva, North end of seneca lake.

Comment

Welcome, Wolff. You've joined a great bunch of artists and a very useful message board. Hope you enjoy scrolling as much as the rest of us do.
                        Mike

Craftsman 16" VS, Puros Indios and Sam Adams!
                        Scrollin' since Jun/2006

My Gallery

http://scrollcrafters.com (reciprocal links welcomed)

Comment

I'm trying to remember where Corning is, is that near Albany?

I have family scattered all across NY, mostly around the Buffalo area, Malone, Massena and on St. Regis. I sure miss the autumns back there.
                          Todd

Hawk G4, Dremel 1800

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Closer to pa border actually. kinda middle of the state, bottom of the state location..
                            Dewalt 788 & Dremel 1800

Comment

Welcome to the message board and wonderfull world of scrolling. Don't bother with the rest, intarsia is the best.
                              I'm not in or from NY, but I still have my Port Elizabeth and Bayonne Dock Cards from trucking containers from NJ and NY...maybe that counts for something. I've also picked up alot of crushed cars from scrapyards in Corning NY. Just my contribution to cleaning up your part of the state.
                              Jeff Powell

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• meflick
                                Reply to About ornament exchange and secret Santa exchange
                                by meflick
                                got mine in the mail today. Thanks.Cute and befitting. Now I need to know how it’s made/what it’s made from. (On everyone gets theirs of course.)...
                                Yesterday, 08:21 PM
                              • Jo Labre
                                Reply to Joining the new tool frenzy
                                by Jo Labre
                                At the time I thought "Ah, spit!" (or words like that) and just threw the blade in the garbage. It was the #5 size blade. I suspect it would cost more to have it done than the cost of a new blade. The owners manual is not very helpful, the wording is awkward, having been 'translated' into...
                                Yesterday, 11:13 AM
                              • hotshot
                                by hotshot
                                The brazing process doesn't look too bad. I have seen the welders built into the industrial bandsaws, so out of curiosity, I looked that up and that process is pretty cool to watch also, though trying that on something this small would probably light the whole thing up....
                                Yesterday, 10:14 AM
                              • Rolf
                                by Rolf
                                Jo, I did a bit of research on the web, and there are lots of videos of people silver soldering broken blades. In hindsight I remember I had made a jig eons ago to do just that, when I still had a small Craftsman bench top three wheeler....
                                Yesterday, 09:32 AM
                              • Rolf
                                Reply to About ornament exchange and secret Santa exchange
                                by Rolf
                                I haven't even decided what to make!
                                Yesterday, 09:27 AM
                              Working...
                              X