Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mackem
    replied
    it's o.k. sharon i'll only type in english not mackem, or no-one will understand a word of it except Gill as her father is from the same city as me.

kev

Leave a comment:

• SharonW0111
    replied
    ROFLMA -- You Go Girl-- lol-- I am laughing so hard I chocked on my caramel apple sucker lol
    Yalllllll

Leave a comment:

• Gill
    replied
    Don't worry, Sharon. The clever software on this forum provides a subtitle service whenever Texans make a post.

Gill

Leave a comment:

• SharonW0111
    replied
    welcome to our little world Kev- I wont ask what saw you are using or your blade but zI will tell you thatphoto on your avatar is adorable- I do love a boxer named Veto- he is my right hand and my pain but a tremendous joy to be around. I hope you many long and wonderful years of enjoying this forum and scrolling
    Question -- since Gill isn't the only one from across the pond anymore- Does this mean I have to learn how to talk other than Texan now???

Leave a comment:

• utbva
    replied
    This is a friendly and helpful forum. I have really learned alot in the few days that I have been following it. I also feel a kinship to you Brits. Some of my ancestors hale from the Conventry and Preston areas. It is a pleasure to get to know some of you better.

Leave a comment:

• Mackem
    replied
    what a welcome, this is definately the friendliest site i've ever come across.
    when i finally get round to making something instead of just practising i will try to post some pics. sorry i take so long to reply sometimes but i have a couple of health problems that sometimes lays me low for a few days, today is a good day so i'm o.k. to sit here and type, i've also had another hour's practice on the scrollsaw. i'm still using the blades that came with the saw Gill
    i have'nt really given much thought to other blades, i do know that i have to use the blades with pins but i have'nt a clue otherwise.

kev

Leave a comment:

• Sawduster
    replied
    Welcome to the group Kevin

Leave a comment:

• chrispuzzle
    replied
    Originally posted by Gill
    Although I live in Worcestershire now, I've got a dark secret in that I was born not far from Sunderland in Hartlepool, so technically I'm a 'Monkey Hanger'
    Gill, why don't you scroll the monkey hanging event so all our 'murrican friends know what it's about?

Chris

Leave a comment:

• Gill
    replied
    Hmmm... a lot of people would dispute that there's a linguistic connection between the North East and anywhere else ! Although I live in Worcestershire now, I've got a dark secret in that I was born not far from Sunderland in Hartlepool, so technically I'm a 'Monkey Hanger'

For years it's been a struggle to find other Brits with an interest in scrolling. Now they're all popping out of the woodwork, so to speak. I'm delighted, of course, but I can't take any of the credit. What I will do, however, is compliment SSW&C on producing a magazine which has such universal appeal - there's an international market out there that's barely been tapped but Fox Chapel is going the right way about opening it up.

I'm sorry if our North American friends are having difficulties following this conversation - blame yourselves for being such inspirational scroll saw evangelists! Just wait until the Italians start yabbering away . The more people from all over the world who scroll, the more likely it is that new techniques will develop and that can only be a good thing.

Gill

Leave a comment:

• PuzzledMoose
    replied
    Originally posted by will8989
    (a & p )
    ( & )
    (c & r )
    Talk about a foreign language .

Betty
    Don't worry, Betty - I hadn't a clue what this was about either - other than working out the anagram! - and I'm English. There must be some strange linguistic connection between Brits from Sunderland and Worcester

There must be a connection between B & Q in the UK and BORG (Home Depot) in N America ... apart from the similarity in the colour and tyepface used by the companies the slogans on the ads are similar too ..

UK "You can do it when you B&Q it"
    N America "You can do it - we can help"

Oh and BTW welcome, Kevin. There seems to be an influx of Brits here recently - I think Gill must be having a recruiting drive in the cricket forums ...

Leave a comment:

• Gill
    replied
    Well...

I used to think the Borg was either a Swedish tennis player or something out of Star Trek until I came here. I get the impression that the BORG sheds have some valuable resources for scrollers.

Instead of Wallyworld and BORG we have shops such as Asda and B&Q over on this side of the Big Water.

Not that I'm suggesting B&Q sell products associated with the letters C, R, P and A. Not much .

Gill

Leave a comment:

• will8989
    replied
    Gee, Gill called us not only foreigners but strange!! and just what is
    (a & p )
    ( & )
    (c & r )
    Talk about a foreign language .

Is that a secret code name for a saw brand or something? (At least that's what popped up on my screen). Anyway, WELCOME Kevin. Great to have you here. I know we'll learn just as much from you as you from us.

Betty

Leave a comment:

• Gill
    replied
    Hi Kevin

Good luck with the saw - rather you than me! Although to be fair, I've never actually tried one of their scroll saws. It's just that I've been disapponted with so many of their 'own brands' in the past. Moreover, I've got a major grievance against that company due to a kitchen they failed to fit and then failed to reimburse. I got my money back in the end but it was a struggle. I hope you've found a better source of blade suppliers than them.

My father is a Wearsider and I know much better than to call anyone from Sunderland a Geordie! Apparently, Jamie Bell who played 'Billy Elliot' said it wasn't the dancing that was the hardest part of the film; it was pretending to be a Newcastle United fan, because he came from Sunderland. Poor lad!

Anyway, have fun with your saw and remember to keep your first efforts as a benchmark against which to measure your progress. When you finally produce something you're happy with, see if you can post a piccy. We'd love to see it.

Gill

Leave a comment:

• Mackem
    replied
    thanks for the nice welcome everyone, at the moment i'm using a bottom of the range performance power saw,from one of the sheds here it's name is
    (a & p )
    ( & )
    (c & r )
    the middle one is the name.
    i have'nt made anything as yet but i'm practising like mad on all my offcuts.
    hi Gill, i'm from Sunderland and i do remember you from one of the ww forums
    (can't remember which one though)and as i remember you are a really great lass.
    i am sure that i'm going to enjoy myself on this forum, cheers!
    kevin/pitbull
    p.s. if there's too many kevin's just call me kev or whatever you like as i'll answer to most things except a geordie. i am a mackem from Sunderland.
    come on england,come on england. i like the sound of leather on willow too Gill.

Leave a comment:

• chrispuzzle
    replied
    Hi Kevin, welcome to the board, I've been here only a short while but it's one of the friendliest forums I ever found.

What sort of stuff are you scrolling? Got any pix to share?

Chris

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X