Hi everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi everyone

Well I thought this would be a great place for a goof off like me to spend some time. I have been using a scroll saw for about 20 years now to make gifts for the family. Hope to learn something here. I'm kind of hard headed but what can you expect from a hillbilly.
    Hillbillybob

Hey Bob,

Welcome aboard. Where are you from? Actually, we have another hillbilly on board. He's from Missouri. You'll here from him I'm sure. Yeah, you're bound to learn something here and most of it good. Considering your 20 years experience, we'll probably learn something from you too. Be sure to post some photos of your work. What is your specialty? What kind of saw do you use? I know, lots of questions, but that's much of what this forum is about. That and encouragement and congratulations and mild humor and .....
    Well, you get the picture.
    Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
    www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Comment

Hi Bob and welcome to our little family, as Mike said everyone here has a keen knowledge when it comes to scrolling and are more then happy to share and we all just love posting photos of our completed art work
      Daryl S. Walters Psycotic scroller with a DeWalt 788

Comment

sawdustus of hiawatha

Welcome aboard Bob. This is a fantastic site with a lot of good people and good knowledge. After 20 years you probably know more than many of us so we will pick your brain as well as you picking ours. Show us some work if you want to. I did and the comments were all valuable to me. I have yet to have a question that was not answered by several.
        A day without sawdust is a day without sunshine.
        George

delta 650, hawk G426

Comment

Hello Bob, glad you found us and jumped in by posting, with 20 years of making sawdust with your scroll saw I'm sure you can perhaps teach a few tricks or two, and as others have stated we love pictures, so if you can post some of your past projects we all would love to see them.
          Hillbilly huh? what neck of the woods do you holler from?
          Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

Hi Hillbilly, Glad to have you. What do you do with your scrollsaws and what make are they?? We are also a nosy bunch
            Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
            Jean De La Bruyere...

l
            Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Comment

Hi Bob, welcome to the group from another bona-fide hardhead
              ...~Robert~
              DW788 and Hawk 226

" Please let me grow to be the man my dog thinks I am "

Comment

Hey Hillbilly,

Welcome to what I consider goof off spot number 1. I waste more time during my work day goofing off here but it keeps me off the streets and out of trouble.
                Kelly
                "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
                  Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                  by Linda In Phoenix
                  What thickness of film seems to work the best for puzzles?
                  The bags seem easier on the surface.
                  But the film seems like it is more versatile on size variations.
                  Today, 03:24 PM
                • will8989
                  Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                  by will8989
                  Regulations are 150 square feet, this will be 144 square feet so we are good. He’s making it that size Since the sheets are 4’ wide. And the Shelves need to be 4” above my head!! It will be very specific.
                  Today, 10:32 AM
                • Sandy Oaks
                  by Sandy Oaks
                  As a framer, we have a shrinker wrapper at ArtCrafters. Very simple. Film on a roller, sealer attached, just roll off enough film, seal the film, insert object, seal other end and shrink with a heat gum. We also use Uline as a source. Not sure where our unit can from as it was with the shop when...
                  Today, 09:46 AM
                • NC Scroller
                  Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                  by NC Scroller
                  I would make the shed 1" less than the size permits are required for. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TOO MUCH SPACE....
                  Today, 07:42 AM
                • NC Scroller
                  by NC Scroller
                  I shrink wrap all my puzzles. It is the best method I have found. I do not use a cardboard backer as some do. I use shrink wrap bags that I get from Amazon or Ebay. 8" x 12" will fit 95% of the puzzles I make.

To use the bags you will need a sealer. I have one very similar...
                  Today, 07:39 AM
                Working...
                X