Just stopped to say Hi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just stopped to say Hi

I'm new here. Dusted off my scroll saw after a few years of not being used. My youngest son who is now fourteen has decided he wants me to teach him scrolling and other woodworking skills. How could I say no? Looking forward to chatting with fellow scrollers. Have a great Turkey day!
    Paul

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.

Welcome to our family!
    We welcome almost all questions.
    You will find lots of suggestions and answers here - and at least some of them will actually help you.
    With a 14-year-old you have a real potential wood worker or wood artist - be sure to visit often to let us know of both of you are progressing.
    Sandy
    PS If you give us a first name, we will call you by it, like good family members.

Comment

Welcome aboard Macmurray, how wonderful that you and your son are going to be spending some quality time together in the shop!
      We look forward to seeing more of you around here, and if you have a camera, take pictures of ya'lls work. We love to see what others are making.
      Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

Welcome to our happy family of scrollers. We hope you'll stay awhile and be a proud contributor. We welcome any and all questions. We've all been there and we've all done it. We also share in each other's joys and sorrows. We'll be there for you. Hopefully, we'll soon see posting of your completed projects from you and your son.
        Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
        www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Comment

Welcome aboard. And yes, your son should be encouraged at this. Give him simpler things, then toss him a tough project and turn your back. You will be amazed at how well it will turn out!Sometimes when they are on their own scrolling, they can relax to a point where the project just seems to go so nicely, knowing they are good enough to be trusted working without supervision constantly. Dale
          Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Hi and welcome - and it's always nice to see people getting youngsters involved in useful pursuits - I wish someone had taught me to scroll when i was 14 - i might have been a lot better at it by now ..lol
            Ian

Scrolling with a Dewalt 788

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X