New to site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to site

Greetings, Have been scrolling for about 5 years. I am a transplanted Minnesotan now living near Tulsa via St Louis. Six more til retirment then back to Gods country. I posted a few of my projects several weeks ago but got busy and was not able to do any more posting. Lots of great projects and patterns out there but so little time. Hopefully this winter I can get busy again.
    John

Originally posted by oztwaaa
    Six more til retirment then back to Gods country.
    Ahhh So you're going to retire to North Dakota too. Nice to have you here for now though.
    MinotBob
    Makita MSJ-401
    Universal Tools:
    Remember you only really need 2 tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the Duct Tape

Comment

Actually I was stationed up there twice in 4 years. Minot wasn't so bad.
      John

Comment

hi John, from your comments I take it you were in the Air Force, I never had the pleasure of being stationed at Minot spent most of my 20 yrs at Langley
        (10yrs) Oki Ger Saudi
        Daryl S. Walters Psycotic scroller with a DeWalt 788

Comment

Yup managed to get there twice.
          John

Comment

Welcome. I listen to the Prairie Home Companion out of Minessota every Sunday while I truck around Ohio. Sounds like a great state full of Norwegians. Is that true, or are they just making fun of themselves? OH..and do they really have a giant bass with a man inside that makes it move and talk to you ?
            Jeff Powell

Comment

Welcome to the group John
              ...~Robert~
              DW788 and Hawk 226

" Please let me grow to be the man my dog thinks I am "

Comment

I spent a couple of Februarys In Minot during my 11 years of AF. I remember the "Snert" coming from Canada with a wind chill of minus 80
                That certainly was an experience I won't forget. But the girls, ah the girls

Snert is a mixture of snow and dirt from the fields blowing ata high rate of speed.
                Rolf
                RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Langley has some of the worst winters I ever experienced, I worked the flightline on jets and when those northerns came down it sure made life miserable out in the open winds gusting to 25mph plus with driving rain sleet the snow brrrrrrrrr
                  Daryl S. Walters Psycotic scroller with a DeWalt 788

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• jim_mex
                    Reply to New tools
                    by jim_mex
                    Hi Rhys - I did finally get the center stand for the bike a couple of weeks back after it was stuck in customs for almost a month. Still have to put it on. The paddock stand will help me do this - Lol!

Of course you are correct in that the center stand does a similar job but the advantage...
                    Yesterday, 11:14 PM
                  • Hobbyhorse
                    Reply to New tools
                    by Hobbyhorse
                    Did you ever get the centre stand for the bike? A paddock stand does the same thing finally, I guess.
                    Yesterday, 11:03 PM
                  • Hobbyhorse
                    Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
                    by Hobbyhorse
                    Brilliant stuff Jim. Congratulations on the layout and the workmanship, but most of all enjoy it.
                    Yesterday, 10:58 PM
                  • KarlB
                    Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
                    by KarlB
                    Very nice Jim. You have a very contemporary look now! Since I do cabinet, Entertainment centers, etc. for my work I see a lot of the same looks being done here in Naples. (i.e. large porcelain tiles, lighted dropped ceiling)

I do like your use of the space in the door way for additional...
                    Yesterday, 09:41 PM
                  • KarlB
                    Reply to Craft Knife blade holder
                    by KarlB
                    Well judging from the photos, it looks like it could be a scroll or band saw. (The photos, although a bit blurred, show a few burrs at the cut.) It also appears the set screw may go into the other side of the cut as the hole on the blade would allow the pass through. Maybe, however it is just a pressure...
                    Yesterday, 09:31 PM
                  Working...
                  X