Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to scroll saw and forums

Hello Ladies and Gents,
    I am new to scroll saw woodworking and look forward to reading your forums and admiring your work.
    Being that I am new, I can use any input and guidance You may have to offer. I am very interested in doing scroll portraits and have taken advice given to others by downloading Gimp2, Inkscape, and Irfanview. I know nothing about using them and can use any guidance on how to start or where to start in a step by step fashion. anybody willing to help in this endeavor, it will be very much appreciated. May each of You have a Blessed day.
    Steve

Welcom to the forum
    don't be afraid to ask questions . Beside pictures we like questions.

Comment

Welcome "a-board" Stephen, happy to have new members to keep our hobby alive.
      You can find tutorials made by some of our members here;
      Scroll Saw Design Tutorials - Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board

You can also go to YouTube and check out some videos, there are plenty.
      Check out Steve Goods site also, lots of free patterns (donations welcomed) and some tutorials there also.
      Scrollsaw Workshop

Whatever you do just have fun, or have " phun" as Carter would say. He is a resident here who cuts some awesome puzzles.
      Come by often, and when you have some project photos, we would love to see them, its not mandatory to post photos, but sure appreciated.
      Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

Hi Steve,
        Welcome to a great from with great people. If you go to my web site and click on Q & A you will find a lot of help.Have good tension, good speed and low feed rate and you will do just great.
        FD Mike
        SD Mike

Comment

Hi and welcome to Scrollsaw forum, sure there alot of knowledge and helpful members to steer you in right direction.
          Someone say tool or lumber sale I am out of here

Comment

Welcome Steve! Glad to have you aboard! There are excellent tutorials offered by members here and also on Scrollsaw Village website you will find tutorials and also on Steve Good's site Scrollsawworkshop. I am Tony,aka,Toneman from Paris, Texas

Comment

Hi there Steve! I'm pretty new here too, although not to scrolling. If you already have a scroll saw, get it set up, following any instruction books might have come with it, grab a piece of scrap wood (1/8" plywood is what I started with) and start cutting and see where it goes.
              If you are not satisfied with the result, or you are having problems, let us know and I'll bet someone will be able to help. I'll also bet there isn't a problem that most of the scrollers here haven't had to work through.

Check out the various threads here, especially in the topics you think you might be interested in.

Just don't get discouraged, after all scroll sawing should be fun.
              -Richard-

Comment

Welcome A Board!! You will be hard pressed to find a friendlier or more knowledgeable group on the net re: woodworking. Share your knowledge and do not hesitate to ask questions. The only dumb question is the one that remains unasked.

You may find the stickies at the top of this forum to be very helpful. Use the Link below.

Message Board FAQ, Suggestions and Feedback - Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board.

Take a few minutes to read through them. They are chock full of great information.

Be sure and share pics of your projects. We thrive on pictures. You will find we are not a judgmental group.

Whatever reason brought you to our forum we are pleased you found us.

Take some time to read the bylaws of the forum. We do not allow open/direct selling on the forum.
                Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
                Jean De La Bruyere...

l
                Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Comment

Thanks for all the warm welcomes and info on becoming a good scrollsawer. I am currently working on a few projects with the new Coyote3 program I just purchased. so far as a beginner im loving it but time will tell once I put it to the wood. they are personal photos of family and friends and IF I can get their permission once done I will share the work with You guys and Gals.
                  Thanks again

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
                    Farmers market "survey"
                    by Linda In Phoenix
                    Curiosity regarding farmers markets.
                    I have only looked into a few, and I know that each one has different requirements.
                    For those of you who do them, what are 'typical' requirements for yours?

The nearest one to me that might have potential, and allows crafters requires:...
                    Today, 11:14 AM
                  • Linda In Phoenix
                    Reply to Farmers market
                    by Linda In Phoenix
                    Truly a nice display. I'm happy for you! Our nearest 2 farmers markets are still food items only as county and city covid rules are still being applied. Our best nearby one is on county parks department property and they haven't lifted essential business and crowd restrictions yet. But the food...
                    Today, 11:00 AM
                  • Linda In Phoenix
                    Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                    by Linda In Phoenix
                    Sawstop instructions are some of the best I've ever worked with. Each part comes labeled with a letter to match instructions, hardware in color coded and labeled to match labels and colors in instructions. Full poster size instructions with pics in addition to manual instructions. Could only find one...
                    Today, 09:57 AM
                  • Rolf
                    Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                    by Rolf
                    So glad they were supportive, it is a bit disappointing that they had to be. But like any tool manufacturer they have to out source many of the components like the motor. At least the motor is mounted externally for an easy change. How true was the blade to the miter slots etc.
                    I like the fact...
                    Today, 08:34 AM
                  • will8989
                    Reply to Farmers market
                    by will8989
                    Steve posted it about 2 weeks ago. I just put out a small sampling of items to see what people are interested in. Seems to be everything! I did notice I had more credit charges than last year. But the ones who paid cash were the ones who paid $7 for a gallon of milk and $10 for a loaf of sourdough bread....
                    Today, 08:17 AM
                  Working...
                  X