New member from Maine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member from Maine

my name is don from maine.i too am a new member.i have only been scrolling for a few months.i have a very basic skil scroll saw. i am really looking forward to tips and advice on the hobby that i an quickly falling in love with

I moved your post to your own thread/conversation. Piggybacking on a thread from 2007 will just get overlooked more often than not. It is in your best interest to start a fresh conversation. We have plenty of paper and ink.....<grin>
    Last edited by wood-n-things; 06-04-2012, 09:49 AM.

Welcome A Board!! You will be hard pressed to find a friendlier or more knowledgeable group on the net re: woodworking. Share your knowledge and do not hesitate to ask questions. The only dumb question is the one that remains unasked.

You may find the stickies at the top of this forum to be very helpful. Use the Link below.

Message Board FAQ, Suggestions and Feedback - Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board.

Take a few minutes to read through them. They are chock full of great information.

Be sure and share pics of your projects. We thrive on pictures. You will find we are not a judgmental group.

Whatever reason brought you to our forum we are pleased you found us.

Take some time to read the bylaws of the forum. We do not allow open/direct selling on the forum.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Welcome Don, I am pretty new here too, but what a great group of helpful people.
      Steve in Richmond, VA with a DW-788

Comment

Welcome to the forum! You're going to have such fun and learn so much here!

Jan

Comment

Welcome "a-board" always good to have new members here, so much to learn from each other.
          Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

Welcome to our group Don. You will find all the knowledge around here.
            Diane
            Dragon
            Owner of a nice 21" Excalibur
            Owner of a Dewalt 788
            PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

Welcome Don. Nice to have ya.
              Check me out on the web:
              http://www.kerrysworld.com

Comment

thanx for the great welcome.i dont get on computer much so sorry if there are big gaps of time between contacts.am interested in the dewalt dw 788 saw is it agood saw

Comment

Hi, Don & welcome to the forum. You don't have to be shy about any questions that you may have, so, just ask any time. I have a DeWalt 788 & love it, even though there are some members who have had problems with it. As you read some of the threads here, you will find some of the problems are quite lengthy in text. I have had good luck with mine & it is the Type II saw, which is made over the pond. That I don't like, but, that's the way it is in USA. Hope you learn a lot from us & don't be shy. Good Luck
                  PERK

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• tgiro01
                    Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                    by tgiro01
                    One issue I found with the insert that comes with the saw was the areas they smoothed for the kickback pawls. If the insert is leveled correctly, those areas are sitting about 1/32-inch below the table. I had a problem with some small pieces getting caught and jamming because of that. Sawstop's recommendation...
                    Today, 08:18 AM
                  • Rolf
                    Reply to Interesting pallet
                    by Rolf
                    That is a definit rescue for a special project. I rarely get or use any pallet wood. But did use some from the pallet that my drill press was on. It looked like pine but was was very hard, carefully checked for nails and ran it through the drum sander with some 80 grit to get rid of any small grit.
                    Today, 08:16 AM
                  • Quartz43
                    Reply to Carved Fretwork Pumpkin
                    by Quartz43
                    I wish I could post the video as it looks better with the lights blinking. I used some red clear plastic behind the eyes and nose. It was a fun project.
                    Yesterday, 07:29 PM
                  • Linda In Phoenix
                    Reply to Interesting pallet
                    by Linda In Phoenix
                    Maybe a star shining to tell us something? That piece of wood is a very special piece! Good eye.
                    Yesterday, 07:27 PM
                  • Misouri Wayne
                    Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                    by Misouri Wayne
                    Tough situation. Just have to take it one day at a time.
                    Yesterday, 04:55 PM
                  Working...
                  X