Hello from Oregon 2 (too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Oregon 2 (too)

Greetings all. Very new to woodworking, but I have experience building RC planes, so I have a few tools in the shop... er garage. I am looking forward to getting a scroll saw because I love the detail that is possible. I like building RC planes more than flying them... so why not cut that whole part out. =)

So I have a wealth of books heading my way, but if scrolling is anything like RC plane building, I know books can only get you part way there. I have already learned quite a bit from reading through the forums (I lurked for awhile) including very important information about what to look for in a first saw.

My wife's father who passed before we married did a lot of woodworking. All over our house his creations sit or hang. I never stopped to look at how much work and talent went into them, but I have always appreciated the warmth they add. They are heirlooms that I will pass down to my children, and who knows, maybe with a lot of practice, I can creating something worthy enough to be passed on too.

-brad
    Last edited by bstark; 05-09-2012, 08:57 PM.

Brad, I'm in Beaverton, OR, if I can help in any way let me know, I have bandsaw, planer, lathe and most everything else. Love to help people learn, I"m also in Neskowin Oregon a lot.

Arthur

Comment

I have built several boats using RC boat plans.... You will fit right in here. There are many talented people here willing to help and don't mind learning from others that have different experences. You can help us with the RC aspect of thing....

Welcome

Comment

Originally posted by oregoncarver View Post
        Brad, I'm in Beaverton, OR, if I can help in any way let me know, I have bandsaw, planer, lathe and most everything else. Love to help people learn, I"m also in Neskowin Oregon a lot.

Arthur
        Fantastic! Thank you very much for the offer. I am positive that there will be something very quickly that I just can't figure out and would love any help you can offer. Should have my saw set up within a few weeks I hope.

Comment

[QUOTE=HAMMER;405034]I have built several boats using RC boat plans.... /QUOTE]

Very cool... I really never thought of building a RC boat... but I bet it would be fun. Lots of small lakes where I live.

Comment

What is a RC Boat? Can't be made of Royal Crown or can it? People make anything from anything any more.
            Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
            Jean De La Bruyere...

l
            Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Comment

Welcome from another R/C builder/flyer from the left coast. I started this hobby about a year ago.
              Ron

My sawdust gallery

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X