I'm back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm back

Some of you may remember me. I used to come here quite often a few years ago, but eventually stopped coming. Well, I'm back.

I have grown a lot since I left. I am in my second year of college now, I have learned new skills, and picked up a few new hobbies.

I'm glad to be back, and can't wait to see how things have changed over the years.

Sooo, what have I missed since I've been gone?
    Last edited by texaswoodworker; 05-08-2012, 03:29 PM.
    Aaron

Welcome back and you have missed a ton. I guess just start reading...LOL Congrats on your sophomore year in college.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

I remember you, welcome back!
      Mark Abbett
      DW788

Comment

I remember you, Aaron and wondered what had happened to you. I kinda thought maybe you were going to college. One reason I remember you is where you live. My sis has some land in Detroit out in the country. We were just there about 3 weeks ago.
        So study hard and if you get time, cut some wood and show us pictures.
        Fran

Comment

School just let out, so I have plenty of time now to work out in the shop, especially since there are pretty much no jobs around here. Oh well, I'll see what I can make doing a show or two.
          Aaron

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
            Bruce at the sawmill
            by will8989
            This video was taken where Bruce volunteers at the sawmill. Bruce is the tall one at the back of the saw.
            https://youtu.be/ffsJjR0Sc3c
            Yesterday, 09:27 PM
          • will8989
            Reply to How to start the day
            by will8989
            No worries Linda, I have all my receipts since we bought the house, the updates on the updates!
            Yesterday, 09:22 PM
          • vgraf
            Reply to elementary questions
            by vgraf
            Cute Pattern.
            I have good success treating the wood with spry shellac before cutting. There will not be a problem painting the pieces with craft paint over the shellac. As previously said, just be sure to keep the paint off of the cut edges. If you want to seal the craft paint, a light spray coat...
            Yesterday, 09:14 PM
          • dwssr2
            Reply to elementary questions
            by dwssr2

This is the puzzle, for some reason I usualy make my puzzels with thicker stock, sometimes 3/4 oak or pine or poplar. I have made puzzels in the past I just wanted to get some fresh ideas on blades and finish. I like the idea of applying shellac first that is if the paint sitll covers...
            Yesterday, 06:30 PM
          • will8989
            Reply to Having a Betty week UPDATED: See post #7
            by will8989
            No more waiting for weeks to start therapy. The sooner you use the replacement the better. Bruce was doing mild hand exercises the day after his surgery and bending slightly at the elbow. They expected him in pt for at least 6-9 months. He stopped in February and is doing home therapy, like lifting...
            Yesterday, 01:29 PM
          Working...
          X