Hello from a Semi-noob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from a Semi-noob

I just wanted to say Hi before I got to the main forums. Found the site a few days ago and have been lurking up until now but I must say that this is quite the community and one that I'll be glad to join.

Thanks
    Carl

Well Carl you must be a pretty nice guy, you like wood and you have a great name. Welcome to the forum Carl

Carl
    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
    "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
    Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Welcome aboard Carl, I hope you enjoy your stay here and visit often.
      Tell us a little about yourself, such as how long have you been scrolling, and what type of scroll work do you like to do?
      Oh, and we love pictures of your finished projects!
      See ya on the forums!
      Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

howdy and welcome.

glad to see your out of the lurking closet........

pete
        Pete Ripaldi

---------------------------------
        "Insert Clever Tag Line Here..."

Comment

The name is actually a two way street. Number 1 is that I love to work with wood, and number 2 is that my wifes last name used to be Wood. She's one of the main reasons I'm here. I'm always looking to get more tools and when I pointed out scrolling to her she has got all sorts of excited so sometime in the near future I'm going to be ordering a dewalt 788 for "her".

Thank you for all of your kind comments so far.

Carl

Comment

Welcome Carl. Glad to meet you. As for the scrollsaw for "your wife". Don't be surprised if you don't get to use it much!! Once she uses it and gets addicted to it, you won't be allowed near it!! And make sure "she" wants the dewalt. After all it is going to be "her" saw and she might have something else in mind!! Show us your, and your wife's, finished work. I would post mine in here, but I still haven't figured it out yet! Oh well, I can't be "great" at everything!!!

Betty
            Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Well this weekend I picked up a variety of blades and ordered the Dewalt 788 from Amazon. I was able to get it for $370 after a $50 dollar instant rebate and free shipping so

I was able to borrow some scroll saw books from my mom so hopefully by the end of next week "my wife" will be sawing away.

Wish us luck

Carl

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• NC Scroller
                Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                by NC Scroller
                My process is a bit different. Since I am using heat shrink bags when you seal the open end you trap a lot of air in them. When you start to heat the bag to shrink it you create a large bubble. I continue to heat the bag until it does pop a hole. I have been doing this for years. The shrink wrap...
                Today, 07:42 AM
              • will8989
                by will8989
                None Linda. You need to find the right heat temp so it shrinks but doesn’t put a hole in the wrap but the tape doesn’t shrink or tear.
                Today, 12:20 AM
              • Linda In Phoenix
                by Linda In Phoenix
                What thickness of film seems to work the best for puzzles?
                The bags seem easier on the surface.
                But the film seems like it is more versatile on size variations.
                Yesterday, 03:24 PM
              • will8989
                Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                by will8989
                Regulations are 150 square feet, this will be 144 square feet so we are good. He’s making it that size Since the sheets are 4’ wide. And the Shelves need to be 4” above my head!! It will be very specific.
                Yesterday, 10:32 AM
              • Sandy Oaks
                by Sandy Oaks
                As a framer, we have a shrinker wrapper at ArtCrafters. Very simple. Film on a roller, sealer attached, just roll off enough film, seal the film, insert object, seal other end and shrink with a heat gum. We also use Uline as a source. Not sure where our unit can from as it was with the shop when...
                Yesterday, 09:46 AM
              Working...
              X