Hello from Oregon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Oregon

Hello everyone. I have a nice Porter Cable Scroll Saw which I have hardly used, since I have had no shop to work in, or time to learn the craft. After moving 7 mo's ago, the shop is finally coming together in the garage and I can't wait to start learning to do inlay and intarsia! I have always admired the beauty of wood inlay, and would like to learn to make decorative elements to install in guitars and ukuleles, which I am also learning to build. I have everything to learn about this but I have a good Scroll saw, and lots of scrap wood to get started with. Looking forward to exploring these forums for instruction and ideas.

Welcome! Where abouts are you in Oregon? I'm in Eugene.
    Janette
    www.square-designs.com

Comment

Welcome A Board!! You will be hard pressed to find a friendlier or more knowledgeable group on the net re: woodworking. Share your knowledge and do not hesitate to ask questions. The only dumb question is the one that remains unasked.

You may find the stickies at the top of this forum to be very helpful. Use the Link below.

Message Board FAQ, Suggestions and Feedback - Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board.

Take a few minutes to read through them. They are chock full of great information.

Be sure and share pics of your projects. We thrive on pictures. You will find we are not a judgmental group.

Whatever reason brought you to our forum we are pleased you found us.

Take some time to read the bylaws of the forum. We do not allow open/direct selling on the forum.
      "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
      Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Welcome "a-board" dj, always glad to see new members here, more brains to pick..... People usually do things a little different and if they are willing to share it benefits us all. Come by often and when you get your guitar going we would love to watch the process.....not mandatory to post photos here, but sure appreciated.
        Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

Welcom, where in Oregon, I"m in Beaverton, OR and part time on the central coast. Love to share wood and ideas with other locals

Arthur

Comment

Welcome aboard! I am Tony,aka,toneman from Paris, Texas.

Comment

Greetings! I am new here also and from Oregon (Hillsboro/Lincoln City a few weekends a month).

Comment

I'll be at 2 shows on the coast if any of ya'll Oregonians want to meet. Florence for Rhody festival and Yachats on Memorial day weekend.
                Janette
                www.square-designs.com

Comment

Originally posted by Janette View Post
                  I'll be at 2 shows on the coast if any of ya'll Oregonians want to meet. Florence for Rhody festival and Yachats on Memorial day weekend.
                  Very cool! I will be at the coast that weekend for sure. Will see if I can round up the family to head down there.

Comment

And I am from Beautiful Southern Oregon, Grants Pass, to be more exact. That is when I am here. Welcome to the forum..
                    Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
                    Jean De La Bruyere...

l
                    Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Comment

Welcome from a left coast guy a little north of you.
                      Ron

My sawdust gallery

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X