Hello from Tucson Az

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Tucson Az

I retired about 5 years from Learjet here in Tucson. I have always enjoyed woodworking and have followed in my Grand Dads and Dads foot steps.Woodworking now consumes most of my time around the house and keeps me out of trouble. A lot of my tools have come from both of them. I recently restored a Sears 6 inch belt sander built in the 1940's. Works great Had some time some finding some of the parts but it is now up and running with a little Yankee engineering. Am in the process of restoring my Grand Dad's Jig/Scroll saw. It also is a Sears which brings me to this forum. The saw is a Model 103.23150. I found the manual online which helped with the motor size for correct set up and a parts diagram, and lubrication instructions. The only thing lacking at present is the blades.
    The blade is an X-1125, 5 inch I believe but the manual does not say. Did find that blade on Sears Parts Direct but they want $3.49 each. With shipping and all, that
    is a little pricey. Does anyone own a saw like this and if so where do you get the blades. Have tried some pinned blades by removing the pins but either the shank is too small to clamp it in or the blade thickness is so small they just snap.
    Thanks for any help.

Welcome "a-board" 520handyman glad you joined our wood scrolling family.
    Good luck with your saw......lots of members here purchase Flying Dutchman blades, there are others as well Olson, and Pegas to name 2 more.
    The FD blades can be purchased from Mike, and he welcomes calls if you have any questions.
    Mike's Workshop English featuring: my life story, a cancer survivor, scrollsawing samples and tips, community service, list of favorite sites and Flying Dutchman fretsaw blades for sale.
    Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

Welcome A Board!! You will be hard pressed to find a friendlier or more knowledgeable group on the net re: woodworking. Share your knowledge and do not hesitate to ask questions. The only dumb question is the one that remains unasked.

You may find the stickies at the top of this forum to be very helpful. Use the Link below.

Message Board FAQ, Suggestions and Feedback - Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board.

Take a few minutes to read through them. They are chock full of great information.

Be sure and share pics of your projects. We thrive on pictures. You will find we are not a judgmental group.

Whatever reason brought you to our forum we are pleased you found us.

Take some time to read the bylaws of the forum. We do not allow open/direct selling on the forum.
      "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
      Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Good to have you.
        I also live in Tucson.
        Here is a link to the "Desert Woodcrafters" page.
        There is a meeting this Saturday at Flowingwells High School. In the shop.

Hope to see you there.
        Desert Woodcrafters Meetings
        Pacifism is great, as long as everyone is participating.

StephenD

The Southern Arizona Woodturners Association
        Desert Woodcrafters
        Grandpa for the 7 most amazing children.

Comment

Welcome to the forum!
          Frieke
          www.friewoodart.webs.com

Visit Frieke's gallery

Don't let the pain of your past and the fear of your future ruin the happiness of your present.

Comment

Welcome Hanyman. I used a Craftsman jigsaw that my brother had(old one), but, don't know if it was the same as yours. All I remember is that it was an old Craftsman. We cut some band saw blades to use in it, but, were too big to do the fret work that I do now. Hope Mike can help you out with the blades. He always can help in that area. Good Luck.
            PERK

Comment

Welcome to the forum!
              Mtnman Jim

taking life as it comes and trying to make the best of it

Comment

Welcome . The saw looks like an olde. If you have a chance I would suggest you attend the meeting with The Desert Wood Crafters. You will get a mountain of advice and new friends.
                Roger

Comment

What's up everyone, I'm new to the forum and just wanted to say hey. Hopefully I posted this in the right section!
                  Watch Wrath of the Titans Online Free

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X