Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, I'm Den

Hi Folks,
    I'm new to scroll sawing and just took delivery of my DeWalt dw788. Looking forward to having fun, making mistakes, and learning as I go. Especially looking forward to getting to know all of you.

I'm a novice woodworker and I'm taking up scrolling to make toys for my future grandchildren. I also turn (pens and candlesticks mostly), make small projects, and various forms of furniture.

Have a great day.--Den

Welcome A Board!! You will be hard pressed to find a friendlier or more knowledgeable group on the net re: woodworking. Share your knowledge and do not hesitate to ask questions. The only dumb question is the one that remains unasked.

You may find the stickies at the top of this forum to be very helpful. Use the Link below.

Message Board FAQ, Suggestions and Feedback - Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board.

Take a few minutes to read through them. They are chock full of great information.

Be sure and share pics of your projects. We thrive on pictures. You will find we are not a judgmental group.

Whatever reason brought you to our forum we are pleased you found us.

Take some time to read the bylaws of the forum. We do not allow open/direct selling on the forum.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Hi Mike,
      Thank you for your reply. It's a pleasure to meet you and I took a look at your website. It was really interesting and you are very, very good at your craft.--Den

Comment

Hi, Den - glad to have you here! You've found the right place - there are many REALLY talented and creative people here, all very helpful and friendly too. I'm betting that your friends and family will not let you stick to simply toys for the kids, once they see the kinds of things you can do. Have fun, and DO share photos of your projects!

Comment

Originally posted by Denco View Post
          I'm a novice woodworker ......... I also turn (pens and candlesticks mostly), make small projects, and various forms of furniture.
          Den -- Welcome. Good to have you here. Turning and making furniture places you above the level of a true novice in my book. Please post pics of some of the things you have made prior to scrolling. And please ask any questions you might have.
          Mtnman Jim

taking life as it comes and trying to make the best of it

Comment

Hi Den...
            Welcome...
            I think you'll find that you've stumbled onto the greatest place on the web.
            Everyone here is so helpful.
            After over 20 years with a scroll saw, I find I still learn things here...Almost daily
            ...it's amazing...

Great folks here...
            Do post pics of you previous endeavors...
            We love that here...
            Jim

The limits of the imagination are imaginary.
            No task is too tedious for Art.
            Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
            Featherwood Woodcrafts

Comment

Thanks, All. Very kind words. Very glad to be here. I'll post some of my finished projects soon.

Comment

Welcome to the forum Den!
                Frieke
                www.friewoodart.webs.com

Visit Frieke's gallery

Don't let the pain of your past and the fear of your future ruin the happiness of your present.

Comment

Welcome to the forum, Den
                  Any questions, just ask. Many will help.
                  FD Mike
                  SD Mike

Comment

Hi Frieke, 3_M, and FD Mike. I've really been digging in with my new saw and I really enjoy scrolling. Glad I found this site and all of you.

Mike - I rec'd the blades. They work great.--Den

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X