Newby with Delta 40-690 on the way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newby with Delta 40-690 on the way

I bought the first scroll saw I have used in 40 some years. I was a fixture at the YMCA cutting out one project after another as a kid and it is time to have some fun again. I have some good ideas for dust detection, troubleshooting tip for the control board and now I look for alignment adjustment advice for setting it up when it gets here.
    I found a post Delta 40-690 blade travel, ect. Blue Firefly posted and want to know short of returning my saw how are alignment made to correct these oversights.
    I have a Delta 14" bandsaw I know my way around. A PreWWII Delta Unisaw and other power tools.
    From where I sit if you need to know how to get perfection in your alignment befor you get it from your work.
    Any tips, books URLs to get me to what I need?

TT

I moved your thread to a more appropriate forum to maximize traffic and get you more responses to your post/request/question.
    Last edited by wood-n-things; 03-29-2012, 07:39 PM.

Here is the link for the manual - http://www.deltamachinery.com/downlo...678_40-690.pdf

Good luck with your new saw - post pictures!
    Douglas Fraser
    Eagle River, Alaska

My Gallery - Aurora Wood Crafts

Comment

Welcome A Board!! You will be hard pressed to find a friendlier or more knowledgeable group on the net re: woodworking. Share your knowledge and do not hesitate to ask questions. The only dumb question is the one that remains unasked.

You may find the stickies at the top of this forum to be very helpful. Use the Link below.

Message Board FAQ, Suggestions and Feedback - Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board.

Take a few minutes to read through them. They are chock full of great information.

Be sure and share pics of your projects. We thrive on pictures. You will find we are not a judgmental group.

Whatever reason brought you to our forum we are pleased you found us.

Take some time to read the bylaws of the forum. We do not allow open/direct selling on the forum.
      "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
      Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Welcome! I'm also new here. Prepare to meet some incredibly helpful, friendly folks!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• scrollerpete
          Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
          by scrollerpete
          You did a fantastic job Denny, I’m sure you will have an happy customer...
          Today, 12:33 PM
        • Sandy Oaks
          Dog Puzzle - Aussie
          by Sandy Oaks
          This is a custom order request. The pattern is by Harvey Byler purchased from WoodCraftByScott.com. I enlarged the pattern by 10%. Cut at home on the EX21 using FD UR #5 blades. The wood is Poplar approximately 7" x 9". Sanded with the Sand Flee and dipped in Shellac diluted 50% with...
          Today, 10:43 AM
        • Rolf
          Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
          by Rolf
          Quartz. What are you not certain of?
          I needed to make a couple of custom sized Octagonal replacement windows, I wanted the most precision. I don't remember where I bought it. If I had seen the bi-directional Incra 1000 I probably would have bought it instead. With the 2000 you have to choose...
          Today, 09:08 AM
        • Rolf
          Reply to Carved Fretwork Pumpkin
          by Rolf
          Love every bit of it! The lighting really makes it pop. Would you mind sharing the source for the lights that you used?...
          Today, 08:55 AM
        • Rolf
          Reply to Craft Knife blade holder
          by Rolf
          I am very curious as to how the the slots were cut? The lathe work part of it is simple....
          Today, 08:51 AM
        Working...
        X