Like a fish..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Like a fish..

Hello Everyone, my name is Gary. I am from Florida. and I am hooked.
    This place is crazy with so much information, I've stayed up until 5 am or so just browsing and learning..
    After purchasing a Crafstman and cutting a few things, I realized right away that the saw needed to be returned to the store, simply because it would look weird sitting next to the Dewalt that I was going to get. After cutting a few things I knew I wanted something better and so far I am happy that I made the leap.
    I have cut one thing since I got the Dewalt up and running, a letter Wow what a difference..I actually wanted to cut something with inside cuts instead of something without. Im a letterhead at heart so I expect alot of my projects will be letter related at first. Anyways, thats my intro, thanks to all the people here with sharing their knowledge, their pictures, all of it, so that others can get better. Thanks.

Gary

Welcome A Board!! You will be hard pressed to find a friendlier or more knowledgeable group on the net re: woodworking. Share your knowledge and do not hesitate to ask questions. The only dumb question is the one that remains unasked.

You may find the stickies at the top of this forum to be very helpful. Use the Link below.

Message Board FAQ, Suggestions and Feedback - Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board.

Take a few minutes to read through them. They are chock full of great information.

Be sure and share pics of your projects. We thrive on pictures. You will find we are not a judgmental group.

Whatever reason brought you to our forum we are pleased you found us.

Take some time to read the bylaws of the forum. We do not allow open/direct selling on the forum.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Hi

Welcome to the forum,lots of fine people here to help you with any problem or question you may have. They sure helped me to get started.Again welcome.
      Remember keep your blades sharp and your fingers safe

Comment

Hi Gary - Welcome to the forum. As a newbie you'll be sure to appreciate this group. Loads of help and encouragement so long as you join in, share your work, and aren't afraid to ask any questions, even the most basic!

We have a few scrollers from Florida so you might even be able to meet up with someone in your area.

Your Dewalt is a great choice of saw and used by very many of the folks in this group. You'll certainly enjoy cutting with it.

Look forward to hearing more from you in the posts.
        Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
        - Albert Einstein

Comment

Hi, Gary

Where in Sunny Florida are you? Welcome to the group. You're going to have more fun than anyone is allowed. This is such a good place to get just about any question answered and to meet other folks who share your addiction.

Jan

Comment

Thanks Len.Jim and Jan and Mike. I am from the Tampa Bay area Jan.
            Do I have to have a certain number of posts before I can post
            pictures? I have some photos, not the best but I will be keeping track of my progress
            and look forward to sharing and learning more.

Comment

Hi, Gary & welcome. You can post any time you want. Go for it. We like to see how everyone is doing & enjoy the pic's. Don't be affraid to post pic's & do ask questions if need be. Someone will jump in & help. You got a nice saw in that DeWalt. That's what I am using & have for about 3 yrs. now. I love it. Have fun with it & take care.
              PERK

Comment

Thanks Goofy, I will be posting some pics this afternoon.

Comment

Pictures, did you say pictures.......we LOVE project pictures around here, gives food for thought. Welcome "a-board" Gary. Sharing is what it is all about around here, pictures, knowledge, banter.......the whole ball of wax.
                  Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

Hey Wood, thanks, and I just looked through your gallery , awesome stuff.

Comment

Welcome Gary. I hope you like your deWalt as much as I like mine....they are awesome.
                      Check me out on the web:
                      http://www.kerrysworld.com

Comment

Welcome Gary!

I'm south of you in Naples. Good to see more Floridians on board. (I know it's difficult to be inside when the weather is so great outside! )

Karl
                        Karl in Sunny Southwest Florida

Comment

Thanks Kerry and Karl. Yes the weather is great, glad the garage kinda makes me feel outside so I dont feel totally robbed heh. Naples thats not too far from here any scrolling stuff going on around here?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X