introducing myself to scroll sawing Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• introducing myself to scroll sawing Forum

I'm relatively new to scroll sawing but I have been on the Fox Chapel sister Forum for woodcarving for several years.

Last year I started scroll sawing with a 16" Rikon , but then exchanged that toy for a Delta, which is an entirely different caliber of power tool and finally gave me access to some degree of success at scroll sawing.

I have been making small boxes based on the Fox Chapel book by Gary Mackay and using the new Delta scroll saw for working with my wood carving.

I like the woodcarving Forum and learn a lot from it so I thought I would get involved with the Scroll Sawing Forum.
    Hello to all.

RussL.
    Saint Albans, Vermont

Welcome A Board!! You will be hard pressed to find a friendlier or more knowledgeable group on the net re: woodworking. Share your knowledge and do not hesitate to ask questions. The only dumb question is the one that remains unasked.

You may find the stickies at the top of this forum to be very helpful. Use the Link below.

Message Board FAQ, Suggestions and Feedback - Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board.

Take a few minutes to read through them. They are chock full of great information.

Be sure and share pics of your projects. We thrive on pictures. You will find we are not a judgmental group.

Whatever reason brought you to our forum we are pleased you found us.

Take some time to read the bylaws of the forum. We do not allow open/direct selling on the forum.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Welcome to the forum RussL!
      Frieke
      www.friewoodart.webs.com

Visit Frieke's gallery

Don't let the pain of your past and the fear of your future ruin the happiness of your present.

Comment

Welcome "a-board" Russ, both forums are awesome as is Fox Chapel.
        Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

Welcome Russ!
          Check me out on the web:
          http://www.kerrysworld.com

Comment

Welcome RussL. It's a pleasure to have you here with us. Kerry, it's good to see you pop up here again too. Haven't seen you in a while. David
            My grandbabies are what keep me going

Comment

welcome aboard, an feel free to ask questions
              Tricia

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                by will8989
                The one I do is under a pavilion on County Property, about 60 spaces. They run 4 “seasons”, spring 6 weeks, summer May - mid September, fall sept to Mid November, and holiday fare Mid November until end of year. Cost is $75 per season, per day as they are open Saturday and Sunday. If you are called...
                Today, 11:10 PM
              • will8989
                Reply to Farmers market
                by will8989
                Ours are run by the state Ag Dept. They have very strict rules as to masks and distancing. The Ag Dept does come and visit to make sure rules are being followed. We stand behind the table and use the tailgate for packaging. I have people place their credit card in the reader on my phone and remove...
                Today, 10:31 PM
              • tgiro01
                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                by tgiro01
                Linda - Here is my gimmick for the Incra 1000SE on my SS CNS. I scratched a line 3/4-inch in from the blade end of the fence. I then use a ruler to set that line 1-inch from the side of a carbide tooth on the blade. Then I line the 1-inch mark on the fence ruler to the scratch line.

Now,...
                Today, 09:38 PM
              • Linda In Phoenix
                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                by Linda In Phoenix
                It was a tough choice on the miter gauges---based on recommendations here. I researched the Kreg and the Incra. They were pretty much tied. I let fate decide it. Went into my nearest 2 hardwood stores. #1 sold Kreg, but they were out of stock and didn't know when an order would come in that...
                Today, 06:47 PM
              • Linda In Phoenix
                Reply to Plastic puzzle
                by Linda In Phoenix
                Nice puzzle. Go for the gusto---scroll it next time!! Several of the quality brands of blades make blades just for acrylics. With a sharp blade and the right speed it's all good.
                Today, 06:38 PM
              Working...
              X