X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New scroller from Michigan

Hi everyone, new member here.

I am not new to scrolling though.

I do have some experience with the scroll saw. I have a RBI that is about 18 years old and still humming along.

I have done some scroll work and intarsia through the years. It is a kind of hit and miss with me though.

I get all worked up about a project or 2, finish them, then kind of forget about the scroll saw for a couple of years.

I'm guessing I'm not the only one who does this.

I have a specific project in mind and hoping someone here has some experience with it.

I'll post it to the regular forum in a few days.

Anyway...glad to be hear and ready to start some more scrollin'.

Ben

Well Ben...let me be the first to welcome you to the site...although I think you registered a few minutes before I did...Looks like a lot of knowledge is hanging around here....
    George

Comment

Welcome Ben (and george!)
      Where in Michigan are you? The "official" greeter will be on soon I'm sure.

Theresa
      Roscommon MI
      Theresa

http://WoodNGoods.weebly.com

http://woodngoods.blogspot.com

Comment

Hi and welcome to the forum!
        Frieke
        www.friewoodart.webs.com

Visit Frieke's gallery

Don't let the pain of your past and the fear of your future ruin the happiness of your present.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

I'm from the metro Detroit area Theresa. I'm familer with the Roscommon area, West Branch, Lake St.Helen, Rifle River.

I will post some pics of the projects I have completed in the last 20 years or so as soon as I can figure out how to do it. Some Intarsia, some toys etc.

Ben

Comment

Welcome Ben. It's nice to know that I am not the only one who gets frustrated and puts the saw away for awhile. Got back into it to keep busy while while the construction is slow. Cant wait to see your work.

Bill
            Pinckney Mi

Comment

Hi Bill

Yeah, got the bug again. I'll probably go a couple of years then get bored again.

Real familiar with Pinckney/Brighton area. My ex ..... was born and raised on West Crooked Lake. It was just called Big Crooked lake by the locals many years ago.

Comment

I am actually on Highland lake here in Hell. Where are you in the metro area? Maybe we can get together and share some projects.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X