Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone. I was searching for patterns and ran across this site. Have done wood working all my life and used to own a furniture repair business.
    Have always wanted to try scroll sawing. The Lowe's were moving their store and I got a Porter Cable saw for less than half price.
    I ordered 'Learning to Use Your Scroll Saw By Joanne Lockwood' Decided to start out the right way, not hit and miss.
    This looks like a great place for some wonderful information. I wish there was a scroll saw club in my area. Maybe have to start one if I fine others interested in the Reno, NV area.
    Thanks ahead of time for all the help I know I will receive from here.
    Norm

Welcome Norm to a great and helpful site.
    The book from Joanne Lockwood is a great book. You might also find some good tips on this site: New Page 4
    The 3 basic things for using a scroll saw are; good tension, good speed and do NOT push too hard into the blade or the blade will start cutting with a bevel. Most blades have a burr and this makes the blade cut to the right. To stay on the line move the wood some degree to the right.
    FD Mike
    SD Mike

Comment

Welcome A Board!! You will be hard pressed to find a friendlier or more knowledgeable group on the net re: woodworking. Share your knowledge and do not hesitate to ask questions. The only dumb question is the one that remains unasked.

You may find the stickies at the top of this forum to be very helpful. Use the Link below.

Message Board FAQ, Suggestions and Feedback - Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board.

Take a few minutes to read through them. They are chock full of great information.

Be sure and share pics of your projects. We thrive on pictures. You will find we are not a judgmental group.

Whatever reason brought you to our forum we are pleased you found us.

Take some time to read the bylaws of the forum. We do not allow open/direct selling on the forum.
      "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
      Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• KarlB
        Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
        by KarlB
        Very nice Jim. You have a very contemporary look now! Since I do cabinet, Entertainment centers, etc. for my work I see a lot of the same looks being done here in Naples. (i.e. large porcelain tiles, lighted dropped ceiling)

I do like your use of the space in the door way for additional...
        Today, 09:41 PM
      • KarlB
        Reply to Craft Knife blade holder
        by KarlB
        Well judging from the photos, it looks like it could be a scroll or band saw. (The photos, although a bit blurred, show a few burrs at the cut.) It also appears the set screw may go into the other side of the cut as the hole on the blade would allow the pass through. Maybe, however it is just a pressure...
        Today, 09:31 PM
      • will8989
        Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
        by will8989
        Beautiful!...
        Today, 09:19 PM
      • will8989
        Reply to Big week here
        by will8989
        Bruce said he felt like he needed to look for a job when he first retired. That lasted for about a month and he hasn’t looked back since. I had a friend whose company gave him a 50th party. At the party he told them he was retiring in 2 weeks! Trust us, you will love being retired.
        Today, 09:09 PM
      • jim_mex
        Reply to New PC keyboard has an error
        by jim_mex
        Hi ibber - LOL!

I took the keyboard back to the store a while back and they hadn't got a replacement in stock. Since I like the look o it I think I am going to play attack it later this evening and try to sort out the problem.
        ingers crossed
        Today, 07:35 PM
      Working...
      X