Delurking from Nova Scotia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delurking from Nova Scotia

Hi everyone - Ian here - I decided to delurk after reading lots of your helpful posts here for the last few weeks.

I only started scrollsawing after moving to Canada from England last Autumn and just started again recentlty after doing very little in the summer - too much gardening to do and weather too nice to be indoors....

I've mainly been doing fretwork-stlyle stuff - nothing too complicated! - and have cut some wooden puzzles and small jigsaw puzzles recently. Gradually getting better I think - the blade goes where i want it to 90% of the time now ..
    Last edited by PuzzledMoose; 10-12-2006, 10:43 AM.
    Ian

Scrolling with a Dewalt 788

Hi Ian,

Glad you feel you are progressing.
    This is a good place to exchange ideas and tips, so fell free to dive in whenever. We are not judgemental.

Regards,
    Marcel
    http://marleb.com
    DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

No, we're not all judgmental. It's nice to have you with us... deserter!

Which part of England did you forsake for pastures new?

Gill
      There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
      (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Welcome aboard Ian. We'd love to see some of your puzzles. If your blade goes where you desire 90% of the time, that ain't bad. Don't be afraid to ask lotsa questions and provide some of us with answers to our questions, occasionally.
        Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
        www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Comment

Marcel: thanks for the welcome.

Gill: I was in teaching in Yorkshire for 26 years before escaping to come over here with my Canadian partner. And I hate to say it but I prefer it here for the most part at least - if they could just get rid of the bugs in Canada and learn how to produce decent bacon ...
          Ian

Comment

Hi Mike - don't have any puzzle pics to post at present- I gave them away to family who were visiting before I took any pics..

I just posted a couple of pics of the two projects I've done this week in the gallery section - they're from Chrestensen/Burghout patterns and cut from 3/4 virola. Haven't figured out what to finish them with yet .. or how to mount them but i love the patterns..
            Ian

Comment

Welcome to the forum Ian. I went and had a look at your pics, they are great. You should post them here, Toni & Sue are on here all the time and they love to see what scrollers have done with their patterns.
              Marsha
              LIFE'S SHORT, USE IT WELL

Comment

Welcome, and nice cuttings! Dale
                Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X